Now here's some real trash talking

Toronto Argonauts linebacker Kevin Eiben guaranteed Thursday that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers won't score 10 points against his team in Sunday's East Division final (CBC, 1 p.m. ET).

"We've dominated all season long, our defence is strong, we're feeling the momentum, we're ready to stop the run and get some pressure on [Blue Bombers pivot Kevin] Glenn and we're all excited to get after this game," Eiben said. "If they get over 10, it's going to be a longshot.

"I'll guarantee it, why not? What do I have to lose?"

Eiben's statements are certainly brash and will undoubtedly give the Bombers additional fodder leading up to the game Sunday.

However, the Argos defence certainly did a number on Winnipeg's offence the last time the two clubs met, keeping Glenn and company out of the end zone in a 16-8 victory on Oct. 27.

Argos will hold Bombers to 10 points: Eiben

So he's saying the Argos are only going to lose 10-0?

:lol:

Maybe hes trying to get someone to actually talk about that game.

Well, considering their offence, maybe...

Bad luck, to do that stuff.

It's one thing to be confident, it's another to make "guarantees".

It seems that many of the Argo’s players do their best to offset what Pinball does to bring class to that organization.

ooooo burn.

ya i made a post about this in the bomber page. i simply stated he never said that they would score more. i don't care if the bombers only score 1 point as long as TO scores none.

Yeah... dude is clearly not Joe Namath.

It's been said before, but... the only guarantees in life are death, taxes and meatheads making guarantees.

What have you got to lose? Your appetite eating all that crow. But it's pretty clever of him not guaranteeing a win.

I agree, you can bet Coach Berry has "pinned" that quote up in the dressing room.

Pinball must be shaking his head!

Rob Longley @ the Sun wrote:

He may be a wanted man for trash-talking the Blue Bombers earlier this week, but the Argos' Kevin Eiben barely could muster a shrug of indifference at the thought.
"Bring it on, I don't care," Eiben said yesterday, referring to the reaction against him in Winnipeg for brazenly saying the Bombers offence is about to get hammered.
Eiben caused a stir when he told Sun Media that the Bombers won't score more than 10 points in Sunday's East final. The linebacker wasn't boasting, just saying what he believes.
Like most of the members of the league-leading Argos defence, Eiben takes it personally if an opponent scores a touchdown -- something that has happened just once in the team's past three games.
"The thing is, you only trash- talk if you can back it up," Eiben said before hustling off to a team meeting.

"If you need to feed off somebody's comment, you haven't been playing football long enough.
"You need to look inside yourself and get yourself ready to play.
"Go out there and make some contact. That's what the helmet and equipment are for."
One of the Argos' hardest hitters and the team's leading tackler, the B.C. native isn't often swarmed with media requests during the regular season.

But the straight-shooting Eiben was a man in demand yesterday as the East final draws near.
"Our defence is No. 1 in every category and we love playing ball together," Eiben said. "We enjoy each other and feed off each other's energy. We've got great momentum right now. (The Bombers) should be worried about getting a helmet on them, not about what we say. We're going to bring the hard hit."

Sorry, missed the first one, so here is part two.

What's with the Lions sig, 05, have you no shame ?

I wonder why the Pinball would allow Eiben to trash like this ? Sounds to me like the Argos are going to be jacked up off the chart, not always the best frame of mind in a winner take all one game showdown.

Whys the other one locked?

BC 40 Toronto 7, best D in the league, yeah, in it's weak division.

Because there is already another thread started about this...which is where this one will be merged to as soon as I'm done posting this.

okle dokle

Argos $uck!

Aw yes merging....Did any one tell you that you do a great job jm? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for merging those dozens and dozens of attendance threads in the Lions forum too! :thup: :thup:

Anytime. I only charge one drink per merge.