Now Accepting Apologies....

The key with Mariuz was the d-scheme asking him to do things he can do. He played great on first downs and was often taken out in 2nd down passing situations (Botterhill saw a lot of playing time). Against the AL's his primary role was pass coverage and without zone help he lacked the speed needed to stay with slot receivers. A different team, but also better coaching...

Yes, he was excellent this week and so was Gordon. (Not to rain on the parade, but Mariuz was not good last week Kirk…and that’s putting it politely…but this week he really got the job done.)

Also, I agree our coaching staff was outstanding…we came in with a great game plan and the players executed it perfectly.

All in all a very satisfying night.

I don’t disagree with you, but there are also people on the complete oposite side of the fence that have the black and gold goggles on and are overly positive and optomistic about everything.

To be honest, that bothers me as much as the purely negative posters…but really I could care less about anything on these forums when we win the way we did yesterday!

I think that post says it all. Very well said. :thup:

Thanks BG....also I like your Danny Mac thread. You know how much I like D-Mac so I'd love to give him all the credit too! LOL!

I'm on the wagon come rain or snow, I told all of you last week, it was only one game. We have almost 21 new players on this team, they had two weeks to work together, before putting on the two pre-season games. We have a new offense and as Printers and Taaf have said give them time to work together.

1. Charlie is cool as a cucumber
  2. Casey was like a general of the field, he threw well, ran well, threw deep well, call his on number when needed, managed the clock and the pace of the game.
  3. When Casey, felt the pulse of the defense, then he and the coaches said lets give them some of Jessie, and Casey started handing the ball to Jessie, who just was OUTSTANDING!!! Toronto did not know whether to stay and watch Jessie, go deep, or stay on Printers.
  4. O-Line - Man these guys deserve a STANDING OVATION.....Enough said.
  5. D-Line Coaches and players - excellent job
  6. Not's not forget the OC & and influences of Danny McManus....I don't know how much influence has had on Printers, but I do believe that Printers is a pro, and having a hall a famer like Danny around, doesn't hurt. He is a good sounding board for Printers.

Lastly, people go buys some tickets the ti-cats are back, and if they don't win next week stay on the band wagon, because being a ticat to me means, that we are not going back down from a fight, and if you corner us like you did last week, we are going to come out fighting and may the best team win, at least we ticats are in the fight and not sitting on the sidelines waiting to partake in the fruits of the win!!!

:cowboy:
:thup: Good post for all the bandwagon cowboys its time to jump back on the wagon till the next loss and scream bloody murder and get that sharp axe out again :roll: I FINALLY THINK WE HAVE OURSELVES A FOOTBALL TEAM THEY PAST A TRUE TEST LAST NIGHT CONGRATS BOYS :cowboy:

You can't do anything about the negativity and threads like this just fuel the fire especially when people start playing the old I'm a better fan than you game.

People pay a lot of their hard earned coin to go to games and have the right to express their opinions and no one needs to apologize for anything, and Zontar you don't need to waste your time with threads like this, Charlie and company are not going to come on here and read this and give you a cookie and a hug if that's what you're after.

zontar..ron from wherever:
So you are saying this team was NOT bad all last season? We were NOT bad the first game this season? You guys were obviously asleep or in denial. There was a great deal of honest, perceptive and justifiable criticism on this forum. That is a good thing in my book.
Last night showed all of us that this team CAN produce when they are up against the wall...and make no mistake they were up against a huge wall last night. I believe 0-2 would have triggered some huge changes and rightly so.
But...everyone came through...Obie's new talent, the rest of the players and the coaches who obviously decided their previous "wisdom" had to be junked in favour of a new approach. Good for them.
Last nights win should go down in the history books. It was a season-changing game and the best game this team has played in the past 4 years....or maybe longer.
So save all the gloating. Us coach critics have been right for over a year. You have had your heads in the sand. We all were wrong in some ways because of last night. Thats life. But this team can now go on for the rest of the season and get even better.
And that should mean that ALL of us fans can enjoy this team again. Its been a long time coming.

Overly positive?
Pretty much an extinct species around here since maybe the home win against WPG and the Casey signing last year? since then a mixture of doom, gloom, moping, griping and a bit of optimism.

Argofanone
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Can Ticat D go after Joseph like Winnipeg did l Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 02:18 AM

I think the Cats will surprise, regardless!
Hamilton has to be everybodys 2nd favorite team. They are actually my favorite while Bishop is # 2 with Argos.

Bob Obilovich is my all time favorite coach!

You got Lumsden if he can stay healthy, you got Zeke Moreno (or something like that), Hitchcock, Miles, French. Probably should have hung on to Ralph.

I think Ticats do ok, might even win.

Howbout Kerry Joseph crying to the media...I am the MOP , this is not how its suppose to turn out.

And on top of that he wears his sisters ear rings.

In my family only the girls wear ear rings.
Does he have to wear such gay ones? a little stud diamond is not as bad on a man.

I was happy to see a Ticat win! FOR THE SAKE OF THE CFL!!!

Its also a good thing that Bishop never saw any action or you guys would probably be 0-2.

:D

And Zontar: quit acting like a troll. We are all supposed to be happy now…except you it seems.

Are there some of those here?

PM me and let me know who they are.

Count me among the people on the fence
who see the positives and the negatives

and who simply want to wait to see
where the chips are going to fall?

To be honest, that bothers me as much as the purely negative posters
I hope you haven't mistaken me for one of these people like mr62cats has, AMG.
but really I could care less about anything on these forums

when we win the way we did yesterday!

They played a great game last night and the fans are giving them the credit they deserve. Fans are not stupid, loyal yes, passionate yes but stupid…nope. Its not like it was one bad night, its been years now. There should be no suprise if fans are critical of a display like opening night, they stunk the joint out and deserved every bit of criticism they got. Zontey03 should appoligize for defending such a pathetic performance and fans who were critical have every reason and right to do so. Why appoligize for being passionate and stating your disgust in a pathetic performance? someone had to find a reason to attack fans after a great win, leave it to zontey03 to find one. Now fans are bad because they cheer for the team after a great win because somehow they lost the right to cheer because they were critical last week. Now I have heard it all. agendas.

Now we have a choice, ROTFL

I would like to apologize for complaining about the people at the gate they were equally as bad at rogers centre

Honestly, did you expect a different attitude considering this franchise had accumulated 9 wins in three years coming into the season?

I’m not saying I agreed with all of the negativity that was taking place, but unlike you I can understand the frustration people had towards this team. I expected complaints from every little move that was made because lets be honest, there were MANY mistakes made over the last 5 years. (Especially in football operations and personnel decisions.)

*Notice the past tense? I’m really hoping we’ve turned the corner.

Well, they were outcoached against the Als. This week, the team clearly made the necessary adjustments to have a competitive gameplan in all phases of the game from wire to wire. That is what fans rightfully expect.

Congratulations to the entire staff and roster for a determined, focussed effort!

Oski Wee Wee,

Exactly, which was basically the point of the thread

Interesting how people read what they want to read.