not the best commercials

I really appreciate your answer, Pat. Thank you. That explains why some people don’t understand the gist of a conversation and repeat what just has been posted. In this ‘instant gratification’ world it tells a lot. So, people on cell phones have priority over people on comps. I think it is wonderful of the CFL to help promote needless gadgetry ::). I wonder if it will help curb people walking in front of moving traffic while looking down at their phones. I wonder how many accidents due to cell phone use are not reported. Reminds me of the TTC not reporting how many suicides there are by jumping in front of subway trains. That still goes on. Can’t have that bad publicity, can we ? What a joke… I watched a young fellow, maybe 12-13, walk into a fire hydrant yesterday. That must have hurt. He was walking funny after that. You know the height of fire hydrants, don’t you ? ;D ;D He limped away still looking at that most important phone message.

I hope this message is too long for the phone users too.

I wouldn’t want to wake any of them up.

They might realize the folly.

Then i wouldn’t have so much to laugh at.

Thanks again, Pat

Cheers. Dan :wink: ;D

One serious thing. I really don’t like seeing a young mother pushing a stroller or carriage, with a small baby, across busy intersections while looking at their cells. A very common occurrence recently. It must be one hell of an important message to risk your child’s life, let alone your own. Imagine the result if a driver is texting at the same time and doesn’t see the red light !
When I was parenting, my kid’s safety was top priority !!!

OTOH I love this commercial

And keep in mind that more than a generation of kids now have been raised by helicopter parents coddling them every step of the way. The free range kids who learned some measure of self-reliance at an early range are from the distant past.

:frowning:

Wait until the power goes out for awhile folks and watch what happens next.
The "value" of Bitcoin and all the other crypto-currencies will go "poof" for one thing.

:wink:

You’d have to pay me big-time to carry one of those things around with me! If it ever rang while I was walking along the street I’d dash the damn thing against the sidewalk.

:frowning:

Oh groan! I hate being preached to!

Get off your ass and walk everywhere including the supermarket and beer store and carry everything home. So what if it’s two miles. Just burn calories all day long and you can eat whatever you want so long as you refrain from excess. (I’ll no longer eat half the pie or six donuts like I did as a teen.)

Oh no! Another proud helicopter parent.

Did you ever just let your kids go outside to play? Parents used to yell “Turn off the TV and go outside to play!” at their kids fifty years ago. Now they use the TV as a babysitter.

::slight_smile:

Why do you insist on taking one line from my post out of context ? Did you even read what was before the last line you are now misinterpreting ?

Man, i hate we can can only post ONE quote !

This was my statement. Keeping my kids alive and safe does not mean I hovered over them. Quit twisting words.

Sounds like you are preaching.

I can readily contrive to post several at a time myself:

Spoilsport. That would suck all the fun out of posting on this internet thingy.

;D

You bet I am! But just to clarify it’s when governments and government funded organizations preach at me with my own money that I really get annoyed. Particularly so because they have no compunction about lying when “it’s for my own good” however defined, e.g. “The average sixty year old Swede is in better physical condition than the average thirty year old Canadian.” Remember that one? And now there’s this one “Secondhand smoke causes approximately 7,330 deaths from lung cancer and 33,950 deaths from heart disease each year.” The problem is that there’s no hard evidence that even one person has ever died from the effects of second hand smoke, but who’s counting? Certainly not the Canadian Cancer Society. That would just get in the way of their fund raising efforts. (Oh, and before you tell me not to smoke, I don’t and never have.)

Oh man! Now I absolutely, positively have to get one of their Funny Uncle burgers and a root beer tonight.

:o

I will cease to waste any more time on you.

Was it the donuts or the hamburger and root beer you didn't like?

???

How about that Skip the Dishes "Marco Polo" one. Why the guy can't figure out where the woman is when she never movies, I can't figure out.

any commercial with stompin tom is a great one for me

"go to any cfl game at any stadium" and you'll have found the stompin grounds of all my friends and me

You can’t figure out that it’s just another brainwashing feminist induced commercial where the women are portrayed as calm, cool, collected and very intelligent and all the men are stupid dolts. There are a lot of these commercials nowadays and many TV shows too… Just another reason I watch very little TV.

I really like the Petro Canada ad with stompin Tom song in the background singing out all the Canadian provinces . Love it .