Not much of a playoff run this year

So after last night it is a guarantee that the season finale between Edmonton and the Riders is at least for 3rd in the west. And if Edmonton doesn't win at least 1 of their next 2 they will need a miracle to finish ahead of Saskatchewan as the Riders hold a 23 point lead in the season series.

hmm

not yet no. The Esks could still win this weekend and next with the Als beating the Riders next week…that would put the Esks 2 games ahead, thus making the last game meaningless. Also id the Esks lose tonight and against the Stamps and the Riders beat the Als, the Esks would have to win by 24 over the Riders.,that would be something…as I was shaking my head at the points the Riders gave up in garbage time in their first meeting.

The 24 points is daunting but it doesn’t negate the fact that the game would be for 3rd place. And I am aware Edmonton could put it away next week but that would require the Eskimos to win both games (Calgary is tough but not impossible) and Saskatchewan losing to the Als. I don’t see the Riders losing to the Als and if they do they don’t deserve a playoff spot at all.

That said I also thought Bomber and Stamps victories this weekend were a given so I could be way out in left field on this one too. :wink:

I tend to agree…I know basically as soon as the schedule came out I eyeballed that final meeting as a potential playoff decider…now when the Esks started 7-0 I was really doubting that ‘call’ lol

That said…unless the Esks can turn this game around in the 4th tonight next week will mean little other than if the Riders win it means the Esks will need that point spread.

Always nice to see some sort of a race down to the final week.

Of course I say the above and they come back lol

Missed key FGs in 2 games tonight and from around 40 wowsers

I'll agree that he is at least talking which is a HUGE step up from the corporate lackeys that have held that post in recent years.
True enough moses.

The EE still has a shot at second if Winnipeg loses out and we win out

Not impossible now but still very tough.

The odds should favour Edmonton slightly. Yes, both Edm and Calgary both have games with Winnipeg - but the bombers are dropping altitude badly. Rostering Sam Hole gives both Alberta teams an instant up on Wpg. Big yards up!

Calgary has clinched 1st and making sure Pope Levi doesn’t get lambasted in two semi-meaningless tune-up games is imperative.

Bombers only hope is Calgary takes the Esks game more seriously and tries to send Edmonton eastward via crossover.

Bombers have a chance vs. BC but remember, in their last encounter BC physically destroyed the Bombers before Jennings barfed up defeat from the jaws of near certain victory.

Frankly if I were to rate the teams today it would go as follows:

1. Saskatchewan (much as this hurts me)
  2. Edmonton (based on Reilly and Reilly alone, their defense is almost as weak as Winnipeg’s)
  3. Toronto (Ricky Ray, SJ. Greene, Wilder, Jr., need I say more)
  4. Calgary (dumpster diving, can they regain the control their record says they have)
  5. Hamilton (next best in East after TO, just too much Austin-Face in 1st half of season)
  6. Winnipeg (great record belies their weaknesses in the trenches and loss of key players down the stretch)
  7. Ottawa (some may have them ahead of Wpg., far stouter D than Wpg., better offense possible w/ Trev Harris tuned up)
  8. BC (Jennings has been horrible, Khari Jones seems lost, other than that a near-playoff team in 2018)
  9. Montreal = nothing more be said.

Please explain.

Are you saying they didn’t take this week’s game serious? If you are saying that are you serious?

Thanks in advance…