not even 27,000 sold for tonight

just heard from some body who works at the lions office just know an old friend of the family that they just past the 27'000 mark for tickets tonight he thinks it will be the lowest crowed in 3 years.

he thinks just over 28'000

way to go bc for stepping up when the team is down.

what a joke, i quess i am the only one who cares about this team , and the fact is the lions are still in the race, if they win tonight they could catch Sask if they get on a big winning streak, he told me a lot to do with it is the weather being so warm all week turns a lot of people off.

But Dupsdell, look outside. Its cloudy out. So as per your other thread, there should be another 10,000 people show up tonight.

I guess people don't want to see the Lions get their ass handed to them...? :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

But seriously, that does seem kind of low...

yeah i guess you are right, what this shows is that the lions lose on game and nobody shows up, it is pathedic, i think if this is not a good year for this team you are going to see the attedance drop big time next year, i can already feel the Bob Ackles not being any more is going to have a hudge effect in this team on and off the field.

and i do not even think this organization can even come close to what bob ackles has done for them.

Dupsdell.... I love how you only write negative words on this forum. Just go away, like most teams there are core fans and then there are those who buy tickets on game day.

C'mon walk up crowd. It ain't that hot today. 36,000 its edmonton

What were the final numbers? It didn't look (or sound) like there were that many in there tonight!

I should have gone to the game...no matter what the outcome, I would have been happy! :slight_smile:

They announced at the game attendance was over 30,000 so no need for anyone to get stressed.

Pretty low. But at least it wasn't under 30. Usually Edmonton games draw more. I saw a bunch of buses at GM place what was goin on there?

I'm a Stamps fan living in Edmonton, and first off, "WAY TO GO LIONS". It's great to see the Esks get thumped. I used to live and play football in both the Okanogan and Richmond. Fans were thin of course for junior football, but on nice hot days it was family only it seemed like. I'm sure the same applies to a certain degree at the dome.
In Edmonton the reason they have good crowds is that even on a nice day, there is nothing else to do. Go to the beaches at the local slime ponds maybe and get eaten alive by bugs.

even tought there was 31,000 there tonight the way they have been playing, and how hot it has been all week, it was an excellent crowed, i bet you if the lions were playing for first place there would have been over 35,000. when i was told yesturday morning that there was just 27,000 sold i anticipeted that they would not hit 30,000 and be the lowest crowed of the year, i am glad lions fans stepped up and showed up, i was talking to my buddy this morning that works at bc place office and he said they sold tons of tickets yesturday and there was a 2000 walk up and he also told me that the walk ups have been a lot bigger this year, he know says that the calgary game we should expect around 33-35k, apperantly they already have close to 28,000 sold.

If you look at the attendance stats at CFL dot com, BC has had the highest attendance evey home game week this season. Week 2,4,5 & 7.
Week 7
Hamilton 19,423
Sask 28,800
Winnipeg 27,674
BC 30,863

Yes we have a bigger stadium than most, but just looking at pure ticket numbers, we are doing pretty good in comparison.

If you look at the attendance stats at CFL dot com, BC has had the highest attendance evey home game week this season. Week 2,4,5 & 7.
Week 7
Hamilton 19,423
Sask 28,800
Winnipeg 27,674
BC 30,863

Yes we have a bigger stadium than most, but just looking at pure ticket numbers, we are doing pretty good in comparison.

I totally agree with this statment, bc place has 60,000 seats but we all know thta is too big during the regualr season. That is why Bob Ackles and David Braily confined the seating down to 40,000, so acually we are getting a near compacity confined attendace everygame that is the way i look at it anywase and if the lions keep winning it is going to keep going up.

but then again if you put bc place in Regina it would sell out everygame,

Not many trees, not many lakes, flat bawld terrain um ya a Rider game would look good to a homeless guy! In B.C we have the best of everything unfortunately, we can't all be at B.C place all the time, were 2 busy enjoying what this province provides and that keeps Alberta jumping our border like mexicans into the USA! Riders have Football! we have that and everything else!