Norm Marshall Passes Away.

http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/462130

From an era in broadcasting when being calm,disspassionate and reasoned meant you were a professional and not the sin of being "boring".

In Hamilton sports you name it he covered it.

Another giant passes away.

Norm was a broadcasting icon. He will be missed in so many phases of local sports.

As I recall, he was a news caster as well. His voice on the airwaves was golden.

His memory lives on in many hearts.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Great Broadcaster and a true professional.

Who can forget those midweek Red Wings games from the old Hamilton Forum on CHCH?

Great memories of a great man.

Condolences to his family, friends, fans and colleagues.

I remember him well back in 1961 when I moved to Hamilton.
He was fine broadcaster.

More sad news for 2008. I remember his work fondly. He was from the Pat Marsden-Johnny Esaw era. If it was sports on ch11, it was Mr. Marshall.

An Argo-Cat fan

My condolences to Mr. Marshall's family and friends.

Rest in Peace, Norm.

P.S.

The foundations of my passion towards the Tiger Cats
were built listening to Norm's voice doing the 'play by play
on the radio broadcasts on CHML in the early 50's

when I was reluctantly forced to go 'out for a drive'
on Sunday afternoons with my parents and family

Thanks to Norm, I will always have those exciting days
etched in my memory by his crystal clear description

of every play, positive or negative, which nonetheless
always seemed to end up with a big Tiger Cats win.

I remember hanging out at the Forum, a rabid Red Wings fan, as a young boy. It was always a thrill, between periods, to go up to the CHCH-TV booth at the top of the stands to see Norm Marshall and Joe Watkins interview players. Norm was one of those rare gentlemen of quality who, though world-class in talent and achievement, chose to stay right here in Tigertown and live out their lives as one of Hamilton's best-kept secrets. A giant. Gone home. God bless, Norm.

Another huge loss. My condolences to the Marshall family.

Watching games in London on ch 11 from the Hamilton Forum as a kid, loved it, with Norm Marshall. Still etched in my memory. All the best to his family and loved ones.

A lot of great memories listening to this guy. :frowning:

Sincere condolences to his loved ones.

RIP Norm

Count me among those who started listening and watching sports through Norm Marshall's eyes.
As a young child I would sit like others have said and watch the Red Wings as Mr. Marshall called them.

My sincere condolences and prayers to his family and friends,

Rev. G.A. Clark