non-mobile quarterbacks cant survive in the CFL these days

who agrees with me on this?.. you look at danny mac last year, smoked, jason mass, not known for running, smoked, dave dickens & ricky ray can run when he has to, buck pierce, kevin glen, kerry joseph, and most def henry burris, all as u know can move around pretty quick, jason's style of QB i think doesnt fit the CFL type of game anymore, Defences are quicker, u gota run round back there and scramble to find your man. look at kevin last game not very mobile, didnt do so well, pt richie in, first play runs for 20, then scrambles n finds flick in the end zone. we need a QB who is durable and fast on his feat that makes good decisions.. pocket passing QB's cant do it anymore up here.
richie i think would be the guy, although i cant sya this forsure, ill feel more confidant in this post seeing him play next week.

all the hype about Ricky Williams and allmost all cfl teams forgot how to let their qb,s be the extra player in the offence, imo

Mobile QB'S run around, fumble and get hurt... Passers win championships.

Check the last few Grey Cup results.

I believe that someone who actually takes off every once in a while, say 4-6 times a game in timely situations where that first down is really needed, is a tremendous asset. But not a qb who can only run but can't make good sound decisions passing. Flutie could run but he also could pass as well.

we need micheal vick!!!! (or someone like him, oh yeah we do have someone like him Richie Williams)

R.Williams was agreat signing this year and an even better signing than the "other" R.Williams will ever be for the CFL.

Keep bringing in this kind of talent and we are on the road to a Grey Cup in Tiger Town!

funny how 3 of the 4 mobile QBs you list have all been injured this year (plus one of the "can run when he has to" guys -- dickenson).

The best situation for any CFL team is to have a Tandem QB. system, pocket passer and a qb who can make first downs with the feet, the whole key to success is creating numerical advantage, imo- flutie was better than morono :wink:

balance is key. the ability to do both is ideal but if i had to pick give me the pure passer.

Bottom line...if you're not a great passer you will never make it as a QB in the CFL, whether you can run or not.

Do you even watch Michael Vick? The guy can’t even hit the broad side of a barn if he was 2 feet away from it, all he can do is run… he’s not a quarterback, he’s another running back. R. Williams can actually pass while on the run. I’d call him more a Mini-Roethlisberger

Anybody remember a guy named Doug Flutie? :lol:

Seems he could make things happen! :rockin:

Even if we didnt remember a guy named Doug Flutie…he was mentioned at least twice previously in this thread.

Of course, a lead-footed QB can be successful in the CFL but only if they are surrounded by other very good players, especially a superior O-line. You really can't have one without the other. With a stronger supporting cast and behind a better O-line, Danny Mac might have stood a chance in Hamilton.

An Argo fan

i gotta disagree with you massdestruction. granted nobody will argue the importance of having a highly capable 2nd stringer there is nothing worse then rotating qbs. the team becomes divided and cracks the very fibre of leadership that a qb needs to project.

i gotta disagree with you massdestruction. granted nobody will argue the importance of having a highly capable 2nd stringer there is nothing worse then rotating qbs. the team becomes divided and cracks the very fibre of leadership that a qb needs to project.
[/quote]
(newworldorder)

I agree with massdestruction on this one. It’s good to have a QB who can come in when the team isn’t moving well; and throw a change-up at the defense.

Ideally, I think that guys like McManus (a classic passer) are outdated in this league. This is not to say that classic passers can’t cut it here. They can if they have SOME mobility as well.
When this guy isn’t going well however, I want to see the QB able to scramble out of the pocket and pick up 1st downs on his own.

As already mentioned on this thread, the ideal would be a Doug Flutie.

but a QB that can only run isn't going to work here, while a QB that can throw but not run can.
Obviously both skills in one man are the optimal choice but if forced I'll take the passer anyday.

I say the Flutie brothers here--next season.

An Argo fan

Barney:

You had the chance this year, but I think Doug didn't want to leave Boston.

I agree with this.

Besides I think A.C. has done pretty well for himself in this league.