:als_red: Non-Alouettes CFL Talk

Yeah, someone has to go to make room for Marion, and they seem to like Fervius, so I’m not sure I see that happening.

Ça dépend de sa blessure. Les Argonauts savent peut-être quelque chose que nous ignorons. Mais en santé, je suis convaincu qu’Oakman a encore du bon football à jouer.

2 Likes

But Marion is a DL not a receiver. Not sure I see the connection to Fervius.

B.Marion est un ailier défensif N, qui joue sur les unités spéciales , il pourrait être un remplacement intéressant sur l’équipe de pratique.

My bad, why did I think receiver? In any case, we cut him three years ago, and Roane is on the PR, so I can’t really see the fit. Especially since Gowanlock appears to be healthy.

1 Like

We cut him? I don’t remember him with us, but maybe I’m forgetting. I just remember him for a game against us where he did well on ST and as a rotational DL guy.

Apparently we drafted him in 2020 but cut him pretty quickly, per 3downnation.

Edit: Wikipedia seems to confirm 3DN.

1 Like

En 2020, il a été repêché par les Alouettes, choix # 25 en 3e ronde. B. Marion 6´5 250 livres, il a joué pour les Carabins de 2016 à 2019, 66.5 plaqués, 11 sacks.
Comme la saison 2020 de la CFL a été annulée à cause de la COVID-19, il a été congédié le 26 juillet 2021 par les Alouettes.Il a gagné la 109eCoupe Grey avec Toronto en 20/11/22.
Il a aussi participé en 2012-2013 au camp d’entraînement des Remparts de Québec,hockey junior.

1 Like

We were spoiled with four wonderful games. Usually the first couple weeks in the CFL is barelly watchable. I think this has to do with the high number of experienced and competent quarterbacks this season.

2 Likes

The first few weeks usually feature an inordinate amount of penalties on kicks and punts. And this first week was no exception. As you say it settles down after about a month.

Reading up on Oakman. Guy has a bad history including being accused of r*pe while at Baylor. I want no part of him.

Marion just signed with the Ti-cats.

2 Likes

He had that penalty on the Alouettes LS, LP Bourassa, in the EF that revived a drive and led to a TD.

Looking at Ottawa’s Depth Chart, they have:

-5 rookies and 6 free agents, for a total of 11. 24.4% of active roster.

Richard

That doesn’t concern me nearly as much. Anyone can take a bad penalty at the wrong time. But I don’t want anyone with his personal history on our team.

1 Like

Charte de Ottawa vs Winnipeg, 13/06.

2 Likes

Charte des joueurs du 14/06 Edmonton vs Montréal

2 Likes

Thanks for this. For future reference, it’s OK to post a non-Als team’s depth chart in the game thread if we’re playing them that week.

Also, man, Edmonton’s depth chart is way easier on the eyes than ours!

1 Like

Merci du commentaire qui est approprié au niveau de la logique de lecture.

1 Like