Noel Thorpe hired

Your correct. Burke was hired by Marc.

[i]Trestman was on the hot seat after the Eastern final. But, after firing Reinebold and Hiring Thorpe, Johnny is gonna give him a reprieve.

But, he still got a lot of work to do. See Johnny’s “2013 wish list” thread![/i]

[i]Cox said he already has approved the hire, endorsing Thorpe to his fellow defenders.

“He’s a detailed guy,? Cox said. “He told you what he wanted and, if you didn’t get it done, he’d let you know. He wouldn’t holler or scream. You just knew you had to get it done the next time.

“That approach will work, especially in our locker. We don’t need a guy to yell and scream. We don’t need a pep talk. We just need to know what and how he wants it done. We’re going to be able to deal with this guy.?[/i]

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/M ... z2DiaVGMOy

Reading between the lines, I think Reinebold, among other things, was not an effective communicator. It's one thing to play the rah-rah card and stir people up with a speech. It's another to be able to communicate your expectations clearly to the players, down to positional details and coverage audibles. If Chip Cox endorses the hire, that's good enough for me. :thup:

Yes, exactly, that’s what I remember reading too.

So far the comments with regards to Noêl Thorpe have all been positive; yesterday,in Journal de MTL, comments from Carabins players were also very positive. Personnally, I am positive with his signing; he also resides in Montreal.-Pointe-Claire- A young-41- coach who knows the organization/Montreal/the CFL.

When Reinebold was signed, it was the beginning of February of 2012,meaning there was less time to review/analyse the roster. For the upcoming season, the review/analyse has already begun.

Richard

They went about this very quickly, the nice thing is it will give theme more time to prepare for next season. A hire is always a gamble but there are a lot of positives in this hire. Just wish he had more experience as a Pro coordinator but maybe he can make up for it with hard work and enthousiasm. Good luck Noel.

Thorpe had five years as the Als’ ST coordinator. I know you’re thinking of pro experience as a DC, but he’s not a green scrub. I will venture to say also that he will do a much better job coaching up our DBs than Jeff “no PI calls on my secondary because they’re all playing 15 yards off their receivers and giving up huge gains / TDs” Reinebold. :wink: