No yards or fair catch?

which do you prefer? and why?

[note: wasn’t sure if this should be in the other leagues forum]

1 Like

No yards.

2 Likes

Definitely no yards. Reason being there is always a chance of a return even if it ends being a 15 penalty.

1 Like

yes!
yea i don’t get the fair catch thing. i mean i know smaller field and all, but it seems like so many punt receptions are a fair catch in NFL, which just kills the play. i know it’s tough to officiate no yards but it adds an unpredictable dimension.

1 Like

No yards….but the receiver should have to wear a tear-away sombrero that’s 5 yards wide so the damn tacklers know where the boundary zone is….

6 Likes

LMAO :joy: good idea!

fair catch is horrible.

since moving no yards to automatic 15 yard penalty I've seen a marked improvement.

this is one rule I'd never consider adopting the NFL rules.

I know this is likely a long shot with our technology partner TSN, but would be nice for them to introduce a digital circle or marker representing the space needed to give the receiver.

6 Likes

yes great point - i agree that making all no yards penalties 15 yards was a good move.

i like this idea!

:rofl:

1 Like

HANDS DOWN no yards. I’ll never understand why the the
NFL essentially negates punt and kickoff returns ....two of the most exciting plays in football.

1 Like

The NFL rationalization was player safety, I believe. Just how the FC is supposed to be safer, I can't quite understand.

2 Likes

It’s football. Not sarcastiball. I know it’s a shorter field, but at least move the kickoffs back ten yards so it doesn’t just sail through the end zone 80% of the time.

1 Like

no yards

but the old penalty of 5 yards for a flubbed dog fart kick

I don't agree with 15 yards when not in the air .

To get you mitts on a Rolling ball ball is different than a stand up and wait till it comes down athletic move .

It does not make sense .

The fair catch in the NFL actually requires a AIRBORNE kick .

Agreed. Didn’t think of that.

No yards, definitely.

No yards, adds excitement to the games, besides why would you need a kick returner if the job is just a kick catcher. :laughing: Maybe give him a giant net.

1 Like

My twenty something year old nephew killed himself laughing the last time we talked about NFL punt returns. Keep in mind we'd just witnessed a CFL punt return that went the distance and became instant 'TSN Highlight' material.

1 Like

Not to mention, our No Yards rule allows lots more kick returns, which not only makes the game more exciting, but also gets the referee more camera time as he explains the flag that negated the exciting play we just witnessed!

2 Likes

no way the new 15 yard standard for all no yards is way better and easier to officiate.

1 Like