Again the CFL rules the airwaves with strong TV numbers for this weekend
and to include winning Sunday. Here is our top 9.
- Hockey, Leafs-Habs @ 1.94M
- Hockey, Oilers-Flames @ 1.218M
- Baseball, White Sox-Angels Sunday @ 491,000
- CFL, Riders-Esks @ 468,000(slightly below CBC average of 478,000)
- CFL, Argos-Bombers @ 442,000 ( above TSN average of 390,000)
- CFL, Lions-Als @ 441,000(but peaking at 688,000 and winning Sunday)
- Baseball, Cards-Astros Sunday @ 420,000
- Baseball, White Sox-Angels Friday @ 396,000
- CFL, Ticats-Stamps @ 395,000
In summary, hockey continues strong due to layoff. Baseball is higher due to playoffs, but no comparison to CFL playoffs which are 3X higher. Our numbers on Sunday again are the best which begs the question why the league does not schedule more Sunday games in the fall as clearly there is no competition with the No Fun League as they are nowhere to be seen. This weekend big game is on Saturday, but not on primetime as in the afternoon. Any guesses what the Argos-Als will draw. My guess 1M+.