No Speedy on the depth chart

But they are paying the backup considerably more than the starter. But both paid pretty good by CFL standards.
It would free up a lot of cap space and reward Dane with a healthy raise as the starter.
Ottawa could give up “future considerations”, draft pick or cash, no need for the traditional trade.

Not that I think an upgrade at QB will help Ottawa at all (QB is not their problem), but Ottawa NOT fixing anything basically guarantees Hamilton (and everyone else) a playoff spot. Redblacks are in last place. Leave them there.

4 Likes

I said some folks . I didn’t say I was one of them .

But since you asked I’ve already stated elsewhere that outside of their kicker Ward there is absolutely nobody that I’d want or that we need on that sorry shallow looking bereft of talent roster of theirs .

All I was merely doing was speculating as to why a vet like Tucker is languishing on the PR instead of the IL .

It might even help Cats to not have Banks demanding the ball all the time. This is Dane's team now. Banks is a great player but good lord is he ever a constant voice in his QB and HC ear.

1 Like

It almost makes me wonder if he’s in that pool of players for COVID relief that every team has to carry, and every team can access.

That’s a distinct possibility . If I’m not mistaken the 5 man taxi has to consist of either an American wr or rb , an O-Lineman , a D-Lineman an American LB or DB and a special team player of any nationality .

Just looking at our current PR shows that we have listed on it the following positional players : 3 Am WRs / 2 OL (1 Can , 1 Am ) / 6 DL ( 1 Can ,3 Am , 2 Glob ) / 3 LB ( 1 Can , 2 Am ) No DBs and 1 Specials ( 1 Am )

How about 5 guaranteed wins of our choice from them over the next 10 years.

Nice back-handed compliment. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

[quote="Krisiun, post:28, topic:73086"]

Nice back-handed compliment. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You know ol' Garney likes and respects Masoli, i just don't think he's ever going to be that effective as a #1.

2 Likes

I dont pay to watch futures ,draft picks or cash

If I compare the last 2 Winnipeg games soli was a standout.evans choked

No but the team would take futures or cash to reduce their cap and payroll

Trading any qb would be insane.grey cup in Hamilton.on any play an injury could occur.would the replacement be cash, futures or a draft pick

4 Likes

Back to Speedy ... one other factor tonight is the potential effects on the return game.

1. TOR may be more willing to kick a long field goal without the threat of a Speedy B return if it goes wide/short. I think TOR was one of his victims last year.

2. HAM may be slightly more reluctant to insert another punt returner to relieve workhorse Frankie Williams.

The depth chart shows Papi White as Frankie’s backup in the return game . I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him back on a kick/punt return or two just to change things up and give Williams a breather .

Maybe this will be Papi’s game to shine, if we follow the pattern of spotlighting a new receiver each game.

Go Papi!

That might be part of the reason Papi White was added to the starting lineup instead of Tucker

3 Likes

You might be on to something there .

in Montreal = Steven Dunbar :+1:
LD Toronto = Tim White :+1:
in Toronto = Papi White :crossed_fingers: :+1:

3 Likes

Knock yourself out.

Ticats, Argos injury reports: Banks out for Hamilton - CFL.ca from Wednesday says ribs