No Speedy on the depth chart

Just noticed on the depth chart that Speedy is not listed. Did I miss something?

He got hit pretty darn hard on Labour day. Maybe worsened a nagging injury or created one.

2 Likes

The only way TSN could obsess more about Banks not being up to usual standard is Banks not playing at all.
Buckle up.

4 Likes

:sunglasses: Speedy has been placed on the 1 game IRL.

1 Like

Never found the injury report this week to see what the issue might have been.

My gut tells me this is the least accomplished (in terms of combined CFL receiving yards) group of receivers we have fielded in at least a decade, perhaps longer.

Less than 1,500 yards total, with Acklin accounting for >900 of those.

I guess we'll find out if Speedy's presence was actually helping the other receivers even when balls were not going his way.

1 Like

Also, Tucker must either be hurt or completely out of favour with the coaching staff. He would be our second-most experienced receiver with a full extra year of learning Condell's offence. If he is healthy, it means he is no higher than 8th on the depth chart among our American receivers (assuming all the others get healthy again).

1 Like

To evaluate new depth receivers experienced depth recs have to sit. If hes out of favour hed be released.

I don’t think we need to wait, to see this game, to know.

I guess me posting 6 weeks ago that the Cats had the best receiving core in memory is just that…a memory.

1 Like

There’s a lot of depth in our receiving core. Acklin, Dunbar, Tim White have all showed flashes of brilliance this season. I have faith in this group.

This game would also be a great time to establish a traditional running attack, if we have the personnel to do it. I consider our running game on Labour Day to be non-traditional, given that the receivers had nearly as many carries as the RBs.

1 Like

I thought he snapped his head back hard and immediately thought Concussion!

Or maybe Tucker is going to be part of that big time blockbuster "I’ll believe it when it actually happens " Masoli to Ottawa trade that some folks are speculating about .

I think Tucker was legitimately banged up after Wpg game and since then they’ve probably seen enough in Tim White and Dunbar to keep them on the field and see how they develop in the offence. White seems to have gotten more comfortable and involved with each week and I’d say he is filling Addison’s role a bit on the offence.

Remains to be seen how they’ll work out with Speedy injured and not drawing the safety’s attention. I tend to think Banks will retire after this year so it’s good to have an idea of what the new guys can do. Papi White starting over Tucker either means Tucker is still hurt or they want to keep as much speed as possible in receivers.

2 Likes

Tell me what you could get from Ottawa that would be worth gambling on Watford at qb

3 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

Do not trade Masoli. He's the perfect backup.

1 Like

Yes he is
QB is a position of strength for us at the most important position on the team

1 Like