No QB Controversy...PERIOD!!

Ok enough of the Richie Williams should be starting QB. Think logic here. Who have the Ticats beaten this year?...Toronto, and umm Edmonton, No, umm Calgary, No. umm oh yeah Saskatchwean? umm No..oh yes Montreal?..and umm No...hmmm oh yeah Toronto...The ticats have beaten Toronto...damn i forgot about that..and who started that game at QB? oh yes Casey Printers...did he look good that night?...from the reaction on this forum, I would say so....Casey is 0-1 against Montreal and so is Richie. Richie came in the second quarter in the Edmonton game...couldnt guide them to a win...Richie won against the Argos...If Richie wins the next game, he does not earn starting QB...its because Printers is injured...you dont think that Printers has burning desire to come in and prove himself?...not to take anything away from Richie..but cmon here...Williams gets hamilton's first TD thru the air...right on cool...you dont think after 6 weeks that maybe that was a focus in practice?? PRINTERS IS STARTING QB PERIOD...Printers has played 11 games with the cats in total..11 GAMES???...in which 3 maybe 4 have been complete games....gimmie a break...WAKE UP!!

I agree, although I am very impressed with williams, this is Hamilton, and the fans love the back up. I'm surprised nobody has asked to bring back Eakin yet...

winfield:

Read Scott Radley's last column in the Spec on Ritchie.
He explains why your view has been trumped.

I will love any QB that stands up and shows outright leadership one the team trusts..and gets them going.

Printers
Williams
Porter

Someone needs to step up and help lead this team..cause I have a sense that leadership is a problem yet again this season..just a gut feeling.

Printers should be starter, he does show a glimmer of who he was in BC, just needs time to learn to mesh with his receivers and the Taaffe style offense. Give him a chance..

Please Casey, stay healthy.

Williams should start...but next game not the rest of the season..it's is a shake up..has to be done..

Ok I’ll give you that…if Printers is completely healthy, he can start. But, if we aren’t at least tied at the half or if he has less than 100 yards passing at the half, then put in Williams. I’m sick of losing. It’s gone on wayyyyy to long. Richie is a winner and the way he sold the fake hand-offs last week was a thing of beauty.

Ritchie may be a winner but I don't think you can proclaim him that after beating the Argos. If he beats the Bombers, The Lions and the Eskimos, I would have to agree with you. But so far Our 2 QBs have only beaten the Argos. And that's not saying much. Because we all know the ARgooooos .........aren't that good this year.

I'm not directing this at you but, he also said
"None of this suggests Printers is done or washed up or should be released or any of the other crazy ideas that've been floated by some of the more goofy fans."

Either way, we all just want to win.

WOW what does it take to impress you. he threw THREE td passes abd is 200 pss yrds behind printers. not doubt that casey is an amazing quarterback, but richie has proved himself several times over the past three years that he is capable of starting. even with the little experience he has, has has played well and won us a football game and played great in others. we got destroyed against montreal the first time but when richie played it was a neck and neck game. think your comment over

WOW what does it take to impress you. he threw THREE td passes abd is 200 pss yrds behind printers. not doubt that casey is an amazing quarterback, but richie has proved himself several times over the past three years that he is capable of starting. even with the little experience he has, has has played well and won us a football game and played great in others. we got destroyed against montreal the first time but when richie played it was a neck and neck game. think your comment over----Rational

It's more than a comment. How many games did we win last year? Yeah, I am not taking anything away from Richie's 3 td's, however, the fact that the cats did not throw any touchdown's through the air, as i said would be heavily focused on in practice and to win finally on home field. That being said, Richie has won I think, and correct me if I am wrong, 2 games as a starter. I am not saying Casey has proved himself, but certainly has not lost the right to losing the starting job. The Saskatchewan game?..Casey played the whole game and played well. That also my friend, you can call a neck to neck game, and being out coached lost that game...I dont think i have to think anything over...Controversy always draws publicity right?? and publicity draws attention...The media and the fans will always keep the pot sturring...but I think my argument holds water, and is Logical...

PRINTERS IS STARTING QB PERIOD...Printers has played 11 games with the cats in total..11 GAMES???...in which 3 maybe 4 have been complete games....gimmie a break...WAKE UP!!
I do not agree....Winfield07.

Since coming to Hamilton, we have not seen anything from Printers...that shows, that he deserves to be the highest paid QB in the CFL.

His on field preformance...is at best only sub-par. I expected much, much, more from him, as did I'm sure...many, other fans of the Ti-Cats.
The simple fact is ... Printers is not playing-up to the dollar value of the contract. Logic...Controversy...? The words are meaningless. If Printers does not do...whatever he has to do...to make his play value, more balanced with the price of his contract value...very soon. He will be gone...period.
At those numbers....no other team in the CFL, would even want to trade for him.

Let's hope he " finds " the Printers that we all remember...before it's too late.

Cheers.

Xenu:

We sure do want to win!.
I can’t speak for other posters but many of us don’t want Casey run out of town.
The main point we have been making is that Ritchie got us 45 points and some TD’s in the last game so it may not be a wise decision to pull him yet.
Charlie dodged the bullet this week because Casey is still not healthy so this gives us an opportunity to see if Ritchie can keep the momentum going and give us another badly needed win in a hurry.
This (even if Casey had been healthy this week) would seem to me to be the intelligent and prudent thing to do given our record so far with Casey.
Charlie, to his credit, has said much the same thing thing. He wants to evaluate things when Casey is finally healthy and, mercifully, appears NOT to be tied to that tired old philosophy about someone always being the #1 QB, regardless of the record or performance of his replacement.
Some posters seem to be denigrating Ritchie’s performance to bolster their "Casey must return regardless " approach. That is disgraceful.
This situation needs to be played out very carefully by Charlie. I sure as heck want Casey around as #1. Just because we put in Ritchie when things are looking up doesn’t change that. Ritchie could tank in the next couple of games. We don’t know. All we know is that he has scored some TD’s and won a game in fine style. To me pulling him after that performance would be stupid. He needs another game.

After denigrating Charlie's abilities to even be our Head Coach

you now read into some words that Charlie said :?

that he would have started RiTchie this week
even if Casey Printers was completely healthy. :roll:

Very interesting flip flop, mr62.

Your apparent new trust in Charlie is based on an assumption
which you don't even know it is correct or not, mr62.

I have found that for one's peace of mind

it is better to stick with one's long held strong convictions
unless there is actual proven evidence to the contrary. :smiley:

Besides it you might save your credibility
among your diminishing like-minded cohorts.

See ya' at practice.

Folks, let’s get some QB perspective here…the Blue team trades for the 2007 most outstanding player in the CFL, and he struggles (trust me, I’m wiping tears from my eyes as I type this - NOT)…

Jason Maas, comes here after passing for 5,000 yards in Edmonston one year (and yes, he was hurt here)…

Casey comes in here, has to run for his life, and has struggled… what do all these situations have in common? The QB’s are limited, to a great extent, by the quality of the folks around them. I do agree that Williams has made things happen, but to echo other sentiments on this and others threads, he is still young, still free-wheeling, to some extent, and sort of like a new pitcher in a new league…no one has a read on him the first time through the league…

We need to get our money’s worth out of Printers and he is still the best QB on our roster…that siad, we have depth for the first time in years and we are not desperate if/when we need a change. Let Printers show what he can do as we come together, especially the OL, let him run the belly-option series that we have used so well, and then let’s decide.

Lets just all be thankful, we have 2 competent quarterbacks here. Casey is our starter, but in the next start if he fails to get things rolling. Im sure they will put a short leash on him and put Williams in, during the second half.

Im sure Casey knows that if he doesnt start performing well, in his future starts. He could lose the starting job.

Even though I think Casey should get the start if his thumb is healthy, I can't help but get excited at the news that Richie is starting.

I'm really afraid of Kevin Glenn finding his mojo after being benched.

Even though I think Casey should get the start if his thumb is healthy, I can't help but get excited at the news that Richie is starting.

I'm really afraid of Kevin Glenn finding his mojo after being benched.

Yes, this will be a tough game. The Cats will have to give it everything to win. Glenn will be fired up.

This REMINDS me of when my daughter was about 2 or 3 ... she would CLOSE her eyes and think because she couldn't SEE me that I COULDN'T see her ... I would tell her "WISHING don't make it so ".

And I'll TELL you the same thing ... You can turn a blind eye, and you can WISH there wasn't a CONTROVERSY ... but that DON'T make it so !

What makes this a CONTROVERSY, is NOT merely the SKILLS of each QB ... cuz' there is NO DISPUTING Casey Printers' ABILITIES ... it is the LEADERSHIP and INTANGIBLE qualities which Richie POSSESSES ...

When he is behind center - The TEAM RESPONDS ... the ENERGY he brings to the OFFENSIVE team is INFECTIOUS and SPILLS over to the ENTIRE team ...

Something which Casey has NOT been able to do.

The BIG MONEY attached to Casey's CONTRACT is another FACET to this CONTROVERSY ... if these two were making COMPARABLE CASH then I think your emphatic statement would be TRUE - and Richie would be the STARTER ... PERIOD.

When will the Tiger Cat FAITHFUL start BELIEVING their EYES ? Cuz' it's as PLAIN as the whiskers on stripes face ... Richie Williams is a BALLER !!

Peace.

Get rid of printers. I do not want the team to start winning with richie, only to hear that we HAVE TO PLAY printers because of the money he makes. Printers ruined himself by going to the NFL. GET RID OF HIM.

we're just going to have to wait and see what happens this thursday...dont think that richie wont be a contender for the starting job next season. also, just because you practice passing, doesnt mean it will necessarily work in a game. i can guarantee they practiced it when casey was healthy and was on the dry td streak.

Printers is the better athlete. Williams is the better leader.

Don't make the Calvillo mistake again...