NO MORE HALIFAX/QUEBEC CITY/ATLANTIC CANADA EXPANSION THREAD

[url=http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/03/08/3715088-cp.html]http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007 ... 88-cp.html[/url]

HOPEFULLY THIS WILL END THE FOOLISH EXPANSION THREADS, LISTEN PEOPLE, IF HALIFAX REALLY WANTED A CFL TEAM, DON'T YOU THINK THEY WOULD HAVE BUILT A STADIUM BY NOW, ITS 2007, IM SICK OF THESE EXPANSION THREADS, PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE, THE CFL AINT EVER GOING TO ATLANTIC CANADA, THE CFL NEEDS TO BUILD ITS FOUNDATION IN SOUTHERN ONTARIO, MOST IMMIGRANTS THAT MOVE TO CANADA DONT MOVE TO THE ATLANTIC, THE ATLANTIC PART OF CANADA IS BORING AND IT WOULDN'T ATTRACT ANY FREE AGENTS, AND MAJOR COMPANIES ARENT GOING TO WASTE TIME GOING TO ATLANTIC CANADA, ITS TOO FAR AWAY AND ITS NOT A MAJOR MEDIA MARKET.

ALSO THE CFL NEEDS TO FOCUS ON THEIR SALARY CAP, DRUG TESTING, IMPORT RULES, SPECIAL TEAMS RULE CHANGES, BROADCASTING GAMES ON THE INTERNET, MOVING THE CFL COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD TO THE CFL AWARDS IN NOVEMBER INSTEAD OF FEBRUARY, THEY MUST FOCUS ON THESE THINGS BEFORE THEY WORRY ABOUT HALIFAX!!!

...no more coffee for you today okay....

i love expansion...who wants to talk expansion with me in this thread?...

we can talk ottawa expansion, quebec-city expansion, halifax expansions...HECK, why not make this the official 'talk about expansion' thread?

i'll start.

what were the results of the league meetings with the palmer/ottawa group last month?

EXPANSION IS A WASTE OF TIME, ITS BEEN TRIED AND WAS MESSY, FOCUS ON A STRONG 8-TEAM LEAGUE WITH A BALANCED SCHEDULE, IF OTTAWA WANTS TO JOIN , CHARGE THEM 8 MILLION, WITH 1 MILLION GOING TO EACH CFL TEAM.

exxxxxxxppppaaannnnsssiiiioooooonnnnnn

Yeah darn maritimes they are just like New England in the USA and you would never see a good NFL team in that part of the USA because they do not get any immigrants like Los Angeles does…

halifax isnt the same as new england, new england is close to a top 5 media market in boston, new england is clsoe to other nfl cities, new england actually has fortune 500 companies, beautfiul homes, a beautiful stadium, excellent public tranportation, and a world class pratice facility, plus they have an excellent owner in bob kraft, the best gm in scott pioli, and the greatest modern fay vince lombardi in bill belechick.

Who knows, maybe the McCains or some other big money people out east will donate money for a Husky Stadium upgrade which will lead to a better facility and maybe a team. If the Stamps and Univ of Calgary could do it, and the Als and McGill, why not Halifax?

halifax oculd barely support an ahl team, why bother with the cfl, they only even halifax can hsot is the cis basketball, and nobody else in canada cares about it except for them, they keep hyping up how they host international hockey tournaments, but any town in canada can host them, plus its easy to put together a 2-week tournament, and dont even bring up curling, because the only people who watch curling are WASPs that are 40+

not wanting to pay the outragious cost of olympics has nothing to do with CFL viability. We in vancouver have made a huge economic mistake in taking on the olympics, does that mean if we had said no to the olympics, then we dont want cfl either??

the vancouver olympics is a joke, canada doesn't need the olympics, how abotu spending that money to take care of all the sick, and pump some more money into the colleges across canada, nobody cares abotu the vancouver olympics except for roots, ctv, and all those bong smoking hippies in whistler.

Not sure where in the country you live but here on the flat bit of the country curling is big with people of all types. having lived and travelled in most parts of the country I have to disagree with you about the maritimes, its far from boring. You want boring, spend some time in Oakville…

I still do not understand your earlier comment about immigrants, the fact is, immigrants are not a natural audience for CFL football. Yes there will be individuals that are interested, but I would imagine their main interest would be in sports that they have a background in.

I've heard the Vancouver Olympics are over budget but what Olympics weren't? I do hope it works out well for Vancouver and BC though as this also reflects on Canada. I hope they can make a profit or at least break even.

Hippies in Whistler??? They moved out years ago!

truwarier is a 14 year old who knows nothing...i dont know why were wasting our time with him.

A troll yes, and perhaps immature, but there is some knowledge hidden underneath the screams. Now if he could just harness that energy for good.

find a quote with knowledge on display

Kind of an oxymoron ... starting a thread to stop talking about expansion. What else will the thread become but a discussion about expansion??

Despite the twisted logic, I would agree with truwarier's first sentence. This is unofficial topic number 54 on expansion, post-Grey Cup, http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?name=PNphpB ... ht=#249612 being number 53 (see my post therein). Ain't that enough?

His last paragraph is a good start at more reasonable priorities. The stuff in between the first sentence and last paragraph, well, I can see why subsequent posters have expressed concerns. Carry on ladies and gentlemen ...

i wasnt talking about immigrants, i was talking about a growing population, and 1/4 of canadians live in the GTA area, and that is where the cfl should focus its time on, the largest tv market resides in the GTA.

Not talking about immigrants??? Well here is what you said:

"THE CFL NEEDS TO BUILD ITS FOUNDATION IN SOUTHERN ONTARIO, MOST IMMIGRANTS THAT MOVE TO CANADA DONT MOVE TO THE ATLANTIC, THE ATLANTIC PART OF CANADA IS BORING AND IT WOULDN’T ATTRACT ANY FREE AGENTS, AND MAJOR COMPANIES ARENT GOING TO WASTE TIME GOING TO ATLANTIC CANADA, ITS TOO FAR AWAY AND ITS NOT A MAJOR MEDIA MARKET. "

Do you deny making that comment???

Seems to me that southern Ontario has had 2 - 3 teams in the CFL. The fact that a place is a major media market has some importance but it also has to have a fan base interested in supporting a team. Once again I will mention LA, seems to me its kind of a major media market, in fact it could be argued that it is the most important media market in the world and yet it does not have a NFL team, but Green Bay does…