No Interest in Moncton Game?

Im surprised at the lack of advertising and hype for Moncton. And it seems that Moncton is not hyped for this either.

I just looked at some tickets - 2 tickets side by side in the Gold section, row AA.

And unless im mistaken, that means front row seats are available in Moncton.

Is CFL that unpopular out east?

I know the first one sold out in 30 minutes, and then next one did not sell out at all, but at least it looked full for the most part.

This could really hurt the chances of expanding if the ticket sales are accurate.

The way the players and fans talked about the game it always seemed like so much fun, like a mini Grey Cup week.

Well there certainly hasn't been as much talk about it as the first couple of games. But everyone knows it's coming and I expect tickets will go now that university football has started up. I think they released a few more recently, as I ordered 8 the second or third day they went on sale and could only get endzone. Which brings up another point, the first two games a huge percent of the better seats were reserved for sponsors. I signed up to order early each game and we've been in the end zone every year.

In fairness it's hard to get interested in Montreal without Calvillo and one of the worst teams in the CFL the few last few years. It's one thing to cheer for the home team when they suck, but it's hard to get too ramped up to pay to watch two away teamsr.

Would Hamilton Fans pay to go watch the Argos play Edmonton?

I have front row seats in Gold. They are Row A. (Not AA)

I'd be surprised if any real good seats are left, but in a small venue like that very few would be poor seats. :roll:

I think this game will be a big success in spite of those that want to continually find reasons to rain on the East's parade. If stable sponsorship and a suitable stadium are found...there will be a team in the East.

HALIFAX AND MONCTON were great hosts for the previous games...yes it was like a mini-Grey Cup. If you have never been...you wouldn't understand. It's something you need to experience to fully comprehend and appreciate the atmosphere.

I'm looking forward to it. :thup:

The ticketing website shows limited availlability. Should be pretty close to a sell out.

Any word from the Ti-Cats staff on if they are going to have any special events, activities, get together places for the fans that are traveling to support the team, would be nice to hear from them on this issue! Just saying NOT complaining I spent almost $900 to attend this game with my flight/Hotel and Ticket. That dosent even take in fact the money ill spend in Moncton itself!
Only 10 days to go! :rockin:

I am driving down to Moncton to see the game and had hoped to enjoy the street parties and grey cup like atmosphere of events and tailgating etc of previous years .
Something is very different this year as the previous one in moncton had a 2 - 3 day street festival with bands like Kim mItchell and calgary pancake breakfast and college football games etc .

I have seen a few quotes out of Moncton that there is no events planned prior to the game on Saturday or prior to the game on the Thursday and Friday .

I am not sure why this is happening as there should be so much money to be made and for Moncton to show the want a team etc . I also hear the east coasters know how to party and it is like the east coast grey cup .

I am hoping the TICATS step up and arrange an event or tow where players will attend etc as this is very disappointing

I cut this from facebook

Is there info on shuttle service? Are there events pre-game??

City of Moncton / Ville de Moncton There is no shuttle service for the game on September, 21. However, 3 Codiac Transpo bus lines that go to the University will be running and can easily access any of those routes. Go to <!-- m -->http://www.codiactranspo.ca<!-- m --> to view schedules.

As for pre-game events, there are no events prior to the game on the 21st.
6 hours ago ·

[quote="gerbear9"]I am driving down to Moncton to see the game and had hoped to enjoy the street parties and grey cup like atmosphere of events and tailgating etc of previous years .
Something is very different this year as the previous one in moncton had a 2 - 3 day street festival with bands like Kim mItchell and calgary pancake breakfast and college football games etc .

I have seen a few quotes out of Moncton that there is no events planned prior to the game on Saturday or prior to the game on the Thursday and Friday .

I am not sure why this is happening as there should be so much money to be made and for Moncton to show the want a team etc . I also hear the east coasters know how to party and it is like the east coast grey cup .

I am hoping the TICATS step up and arrange an event or tow where players will attend etc as this is very disappointing

Ok you guys , this is a scaled down event it is NOT like previous years, .........The old Triangle Bar on Main st appears to be the Ti-cats headquarters for at least one night --Friday---I have been there , it is a great spot-----------we can make our own fun we do not need planned events which tend to be a let down anyways . The Bar will have Friday Night football on and hopefully some Ti-cat players and other personnel will show up ...............Chill people--- Moncton is a world of fun---------enjoy!!

Yesterday I read somewhere that there were about 1,600 tickets left, IIRC. They do expect a sell out.

Also, they knocked down the capacity from 20,000 to 16,000

Well, as others had said on the main CFL board, this is probably the end of the Moncton experiment, althought hopefully not the end of Touchdown Atlantic. Too bad, I personally thought that after it sold out in 30 minutes for the first one that by now there would be plans for a team.

CFL football is not popular, at least not yet, and the support out there has shown it.

What could they have done to save this? Cut prices in half? Would that solve anything, except prove that people may by cheap tickets?

I think people are willing to pay market value for sideline seats but End Zone seats at 60.00 a pop would not sell well anywhere in the CFL. The seats they've eliminated are likely end zone seats. If the end zone seats were 30.00 they would all sell like they do anywhere else.

Wish I could be there with you, Woody!!

Im very much looking forward to Moncton - first Touchdown Atlantic trip - but to the point of popularity and a sell out, perhaps its time to change up the teams that have played out East:

2005 - 1 exhibition game - Ticats / Argos
2010 - Eskimos /Argos
2011 - Ticats/Stamps
2012 - no game
2013 - Ticats/ Montreal

Throw a Riders/Bombers game or Eskimos/Calgary game out there and you would probably see a new surge of interest from other CFL fans.

For those who have been before, I'm curious; do you see many other colours or primarily just the teams involved?

What Moncton needs is a decent stadium that would be home to their own team.

and fans that can support a CFL team, and a corporate community and a millionaire owner or ownership group that's willing to lose money!

And if I am any of those things, what has Moncton shown me about support for the CFL game?

If it was a gamble before for someone to want to have a team there, then this has proven it is even more so.

They can't sell out one tiny stadium? Time to move on.

What you don't realize is that potential fans will always be less willing to watch another cities team than their own.

Can you see past the tip of your nose?

If I were a millionaire, and you were trying to sell me on investing in a team/stadium/ whatever, what would you tell me to convince me this will work, even after we know Moncton so far hasn't?

Once again, you can't see past the tip of your nose and think laterally.

What hasn't worked? There is no team there. You're talking about one game per year for only 3 years now, and between two team in which neither is called the Moncton Whatevers.

If Moncton had it's own team, I can guarantee the support would be stronger, because people there could take on emotional fan attachments with them. Attachments that are impossible to acquire from two teams from other cities passing through town.

You think Ivor Wynne would be full if tickets were 100.00 a piece and end zone seats 60.00 ? LOL !

When Young raises ticket prices five bucks there is an uproar.

When Wettenhall added seats he couldnt fill them at Percival Molson. So less is more in Moncton.