No Government Loan for CFL in 2021

The government has given the CFL much more than $10m in 2020 and will again in 2021.

1 Like

I'm not that surprised. It's probably the first issue created by the non-stop fake money printing. One of the great things I found about moving to Norway is the ease of dealing with banks and getting loans as well. Of course, I still miss California, but the economic structure and rules over financing a business here are incredible, and I have made a significant breakthrough so far. Not sure if you're aware of collective loans and how hard they can be to get in other places around the world. Well, not in Norway, as I was able to do it online with https://www.lÄnguide.se/foretagslan/ in one day without any significant obstacles.

I am torn on this issue. The CFL is losing money big time because they can’t play football and fans not allowed in the stands. Fans are not allowed in the stands because of a government decision not a league decision to shut down.
But the NHL could also say the same thing.
Our local golf course had to shut down and lost money too, so did our local marina, so did the local tennis club, curling club, so many sports/recreation shut down because of the government and they all deserve a bail out or financial support.
It’s all or nothing, taxpayers can’t fund everything.
All the government can do is give the employees that have paid their taxes, EI etc, the financial support that they are entitled to receive.

So you’re saying that our governments shouldn’t help people cope with all the affects of Covid . The world is up to it’s neck in this scourge and you are worried about a “balanced budget” . Thanks for sharing the Canadian Taxpayers Federation view . Of course the CTF is supported by right wing money like the Koch Family and surprise , surprise , the CTF pays no Canadian taxes .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

6 Likes

You know, I am not that sure actually, however I would say that CFL wasted another year chasing an interest free loan, and that is pretty sad, so I do agree with mahalcflers in here. I have also done this "mistake" of waiting to get a free loan from the government back in the day when I was still running my own business, and you know, I never got that loan. At last I had to call for https://www.nationalbusinesscapital.com/business-loans/asset-based-lending/ services, and get a asset based loan, as it was the best solution at that time.

So what was your business ? selling Spam ? 
Nice try there Orbeck .

This is the ONLY time that Orbeck will ever post --Let’s NOT welcome them to our community!

3 Likes

You know, I am not that sure actually, however I would say that CFL wasted another year chasing an interest free loan, and that is pretty sad, so I do agree with mahalcflers in here.

Considering the league is moving forward with the season with no government loan happening, I think whatever they we're discussing is moot now.

/Thread

3 Likes