No Giguere This Season ??

Thats what many fans seem to think.

I’m starting to think he’s going to be another Cory Mace. We’ll never see him up here until he gets traded to a top team (or a team of his choosing).

Which begs the question…how long do the Ticats hold onto his rights hoping that he’ll decide to head north? Or should the Ticats try and trade is rights and get someone in return that can play here and now?

Source?

As long as he has the slightest chance of catching on with a NFL team, he'd be crazy not to take it. Just one season on a NFL roster and he'd be set up for a good part of his future. He knows he always has the CFL as a backup plan.

I'd love to see him play here though.

An Argo-Cat fan

I don't know about anyone else, but I think it's pretty darn selfish of him to want to live his own life and make his own decisions. It almost seems as though what the fans what doesn't matter to him at all. What kind of person doesn't make his every decision based on the needs of fans in a city he probably have never even been to? Sheesh. What a jerk.

Do I smell sarcasm?

Other than the stray 'stupid' comment I haven't seen much fan reaction to indicate a disdain for Sam. Rather the opposite, the vast majority want to see him in black and gold. I also think the Als drool over this kid with visions of Ben Cahoon's eventual replacement.

They probably don't keep stats on this but I would think the odds of cracking an NFL roster after two years on the PR are slim to begin with. Then add your college experience was in the Quebec league, not NCAA, and the chances get slimmer. Then you get cut from the team that took a chance on you...then you try out for another team and they say 'Non' and the CFL should start looking good to you. Then there's the rust factor.

Sarcasm? Moi? Never.

I never blame these guys for going where the money is. I know most people haven't had much to say about him that is negative. For his own sake, I do hope he catches on. A career in football can be gone in the blink of an eye so there is nothing at all wrong with trying to make as much money as possible while you can.

I'd love to see him here too. MTL can back off, but I am looking forward to the day when I don't hear Ben Cahoooooooon anymore lol

Right now he's not making any money and odds are he's seen his last NFL cheque.

I hope we see him in the CFL and in Hamilton in particular.

But if he wants to exhaust all possibilities in the NFL, more power to him. If he never does come to the CFL at all, that’s his call. No complaint or criticism from me whatever he does-- it’s his career, his choice.