No crossover this year

The uneven sked is exactly the reason there should not be a crossover.

The reason is more dramatic this year but the same logic has applied every year

Well i will respectfully disagree with you on that one ro, cause if you look at the standing last 4 yrs, the sked was more even, and the team with the better record made the playoffs. In 2003 , BC had a 11-7 record which was a full 4 games better than the 3rd place team in the east(Ottawa, 7-11). The crossover does work. In one year Sask crossed over, and had a better record than the 2nd place team in the east(Toronto). In that case Saskatchewan should have gotten to host that game, given if they had been in that division, they would have finished 2nd.

Oops, that was 2003, and it was Sask that crossed over, not BC, but we had the same record as BC and Winnipeg that year.

In that scence you are right but the bottom line is the schedule is not ballanced! If the rule stated that you must have, say, 3 points more, then that would make up for the differences in the schedule. You only have to have 1 point more and it does not always show who is the beter team!

Again having a better record than a team that makes the playoffs happens in every sport almost every year and they live with it!
The CFL should be the same!

No, it should be the teams with the best records, should make the playoffs, but it should be that you have to have at least 2pts more than the team that is being eliminated.

Well then why not make one giant division?
Be it MLB of NBA or NFL. One group and the best make the playoffs!

So then Ottawa should have made the playoffs despite the fact they won only 7 games?

in my opinion yes!

I would rather see that then a last place team making the playoffs

again it happens in almost every sport and no-one ever talks about a crossover or that it is unfair. That is the way it works and they live with it!

remember Sask had a betterrecord than two of those teams that year, Ottawa AND Toronto. If anything Sask should have gotten a home playoff game, in my opinion

Then finish better in your own division

Maybe it should be that the two division winners get byes-- as a reward for finishing first in the division, then the next 4 teams with the best records make the playoffs, with home games going to the top 2 from that group

Sorry but you will never convince me!
Top three in each division

somebody missed up, or not and this thread is a mistake (sry, Billy)

I say that when the sch is even (cuz it’s uneven right now with even number of teams, and when everything is uneven it works… nevermind) with 10 teams, the CO should survine becase each team will play others 2 times.

I think the whole Ota and Ssk thing proved that the CO doesn’t work with uneveness.

apples and oranges Ro, apples and oranges, diffrent, but all fruit.

nah, I disargee, if you CO, you must play away, regrads or record since you are playing in the other division. it should be a hostile enviroment, heck, that why the record is 0 and 4 right now for CO teams.

it’s not a cake walk and should be hard, and one of the nesscary evils of the CFL playoff picture.

Cuz this is the CFL!!! and those other leagues are like apples and oranges.

I say if your one point higher, cross over, tie, no cross over, etc.

hey Sambo, how able if the have a better record and/or a better record than the teams in the division? just a thoat

only Ottawa (if your talking 2005), and acturally Ottawa won the series agaist Ssk (2-0), maybe that should be a factor in deciding the CO as well?

he will never turn, Sambo, leave him in his coner with his icely devises.

if you can even out the talent in the divisions so that it’s rare to have something like 1981, where West two teams could have COed and played in the East, then I agree.

I’d rather see the secord in each divsion be the home team of the “semi” game, but if they have a very poor record like 1981, they shouldn’t be playing peroid.

kanga dont even bother...........when you have been around the league as long as ro and I have then you will see where he is coming from..........for as long as I can remember the east has always had only 1 or 2 good teams, the 3rd place finisher has always been well below .500...........yet every year that 5 - 13 team found its way into the playoffs while some 10 - 8 or 9 - 9 team in the west missed out.........wait a minute, the bombers and cats were 5 - 13 last year.......well at least one of us is guaranteed the playoffs........hoorah......no CO.......

shouldn't be that way, especally with an even ten teams.

let it go my fuzzy little friend.........one of the only things that Ottawa fans had to cheer about in the last 30 years was because of no CO.........what was it again 1980........with Brancato, Gabriel, Stokwa and that defensive secondary was just awesome in the playoffs.........yep pushed the mighty EE right to the buzzer and almost had that game if not for the controversial push off call on Gabriel........still one of the most memorable playoff runs of any team in any league that I have ever witnessed......

Ro and Piggy are very right! For years a team that just got by ended up in the playoffs. Just maybe it is time to have just one conference. Many probably would not like this and it would not be good for TV coverage ratings.