No chance eh! We shall see

Nobody gave my Lions a chance this year. Well, from what I've seen so far I'm not too impressed by what any other team has done. We just may surprise a lot of you this year. Roar you Lions Roar!

5 Likes

The Leos are getting a bit more love these days, but it is early in the season. But I'm with you, That's what a Lion's roar is for!

3 Likes

I’ve never disliked the Lions, at least since the 80’s when they were Winnipeg’s arch rival. Whatever happened to that rivalry?

It’s still early but an encouraging start. Hopefully you can keep the attendance up and average say 25,000. And whatever you do, make sure you beat out those Stamps so the best they can do is a crossover.

3 Likes

Not everybody. I have been a fan of Nathan Rourke since I saw him play several times when he played at Ohio U. I was hoping the Argo brain trust at the time would draft him in their first round. I thought then he had all the talent to be an outstanding CFL QB. Now he is starting to show it. So I see good things ahead for the BC Lions.

4 Likes

I was trying to tell anyone who would listen that the Leos would be better this year than many are predicting. They weren't great last year by any stretch but lost a bunch of close games due to not having a field goal kicker. Signing Sean Whyte addressed this area.

The oline has improved but doesn't have a ton of depth. Not completely sold (yet!) on the dline, but it has improved over last year. They seem to be set everywhere else and could surprise some people.

I definitely wasn't picking BC for dead last this year. Not with that receiving crew, linebacking corps, and secondary! Once Delvin Breaux returns from injury, they're going to be hard to get yards against.

1 Like

To be fair it is only 1 game (and the Elks at that so maybe half a team)

But yes WAY better looking in Game 1 than last year

3 Likes

Guilty as charged. I picked your Lions to finish fourth or fifth. Now I'm wondering which one of us (the Bombers, the Riders or the Stamps) will lose our playoff spot to them... :grimacing:

1 Like

Like I said, not too impressed by a lot . Good to see the Riders get their butt kicked.

2 Likes

Ok they were imppressive against a disorganized elks team. New coach new ssystem and 1.49 day players. The ellks will get better it is very early for them to gel into a team and they will sift the gold out of the many players thhey brought in. Where the lions got a gift in schedduling to be honest. I do hope that the lions are not a one game wonder.

1 Like

Lot of us hoping that. Saturday will tell us a lot more about the 2022 Lions. Hoping we like what we see.

2 Likes

Good to see until it dawned on me that I was completely wrong yet again. This kind of utter wrongness has GOT to stop. Otherwise I might start losing some of that hard earned respect I've built up around here.

Well the BC lions may have spent their surprise bank account on one game. You can bet the Argos have been studying film very closely.

1 Like

What films do you think they were watching?

2 Likes

Obiouslly they watched while they were drunk they got spanked

The Argos were watching lots and lots of film... all of it XXX.

It really paid off too. They were totally f***ed all game.

2 Likes

The new Thor movie or Top Gun? It certainly wasn't football related at all. Good thing for us.

1 Like

I am Happy for the BC fans that finally they have a team that is for real. But that is two ggames well played games sooneer or later teams will be ready for them and will not take them lightly

I've always said, "When you're a Lions fan you gloat when you can". Gloat, gloat, gloat.