no call on maas

I agree that our team was quite pathetic. But what's right is right and a call should be called nevertheless!

I'm not going to sit and blame the loss entirely on a missed call. But there has to be some form of consistency in officiating and to date...there is none!

Last week it was a late hit on Flick after the play was over. This week it's Maas. Officiating uck and all know it!! It doesn't matter if it means winning or losing it does matter as far as injuring the players goes.

My 2 cents..........the last two games we beat up our guys for taking bonehead penalties because we as fans believed it cost us both games. Fair enough, what p!sses me off is that the Calgary press should be all over the Stamps for taking a bonehead penalty that gave the ~Cats the win yesterday. Instead there was no call when the refs could have called two different guys on the same play, and also a few plays prior Maas was hit late, hence the bleeding nose. I dont believe in blaming the refs, but you cant have it both ways. Both teams were terrible last night and maybe neither deserved to win, but ultimely it did come down to officiating, they make the right call we win, end of story.
Now instead of feeling good about them selves winning when they shouldnt have Im sure there are some finger pointing today.

anyone blaming the refs is a 'fan-boy'.

replay showed it was a good non-call.

on the cfl.ca forum, someone even posted screenshots proving it was the right non-call.

You can post all the screen shots you want, (and I'm not blaming the refs for our loss) but there is NO way that was the right call. The second guy in SHOULD have gotten the call. It was exactly the same as the Burris hit we got called on earlier.

the second guy didnt touch maas...he hit his own teammate( as the screenshots show )...and the fact u say 'all the screenshots wont change your mind' just shows u have your mind made up without seeing the evidence.

Read reedited post drummer god

there are pics of the non-call on cfl.ca forum...and i watched the play in slo-mo, cuz i taped it:

maas goes to slide feetfirst...before his knee ( or butt for that matter ) hits the ground, he is tackled by number 53 in red...half second later number 38 in red makes a helmet on helmet colision WITH HIS OWN PLAYER and doesnt touch maas at all.

the photos prove this.

here is maas being tackled BEFORE he touches the turf:

now here is #38 in red hitting his own teammate and going down WITHOUT touching maas:

if u argue this, then u have your eyes closed with bias.

( just like last week, this same guy posted pics of the ball TOUCHING holmes foot )

The video "stills" of the hit show that it was of course, a late hit. That is some nice proof...thanks for posting them.

BUT...the non-call is still not the reason we lost. This is the CFL. Poor calls have been the case forever and a day. They will be the way it is next week too.

However...generally speaking, they balance themselves out over the course of the year.

No, I'm not a Ref. Au contraire (is that correct Russ?), I'm a ref basher...but someone who has become accustomed to it.

it wasnt even a hit…the ‘late’ hit wasnt even on maas, cuz all the contact was on his teammate. his helmet hits the back of the original tacklers helmet and then falls to the ground at maas feet…as the second photo shows…

and if u taped it, u can see this in slow-mo, that maas is never touched by the second guy.

WHAT PART OF THE RULE DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND QBS SLIDING FEET FIRST ARE NOT TO BE TOUCHED. WHATS WHY WE GOT FLAGED ON THE BURRIS HIT.

he was hit before he went down....any call otherwise is when a qb is hit after his knees or butt is on the dirt.

Look at the first photo and tell me if you think it was possible for the defender to stop? The Cal guy is further in to the slide/dive than Mass is!. Even the second guy has already begun to slide and he is four yards away. At that to the fact that he never hit Mass but his own player! How do you call a late hit if there is no hit?

WAS IT POSSIBLE FOR GORDON TO STOP??? NO!!! Holy crap DG! Take the ticat logo OFF your sig, if you’re not even going to agree with the entire cfl (other then stamps fans), you aren’t a fan of the CFL. YOU and Zontar are the biggest trolls on this site, and it angers me to see nothing done about your repetitive, non-intelligent, biased posts! We’re 0-3 not 0-10! For god’s sake!

i agree Miller , they dont want to agree because then they would have nothing to whine about cause they know we would of won the bloody game !!!!!!

u people are crazy…in order for me to post here, or go to ticat games i have to be disgustingly bias towards the ticats?..i gotta be a super ‘fan-boy’?..i gotta blindly agree that every call against the cats is the wrong call?

the only people who feel that it shoulda been called, are ticat fans and some eskimo fans ( jason maas lovers ).

if my posts anger u, miller91, thats rather sad.

maybe the ticats woulda won had a certain someboday hit his late FG, or had the offence beenable to score some points off the turnovers…dont blame the refs…thats the lazy excuse.

Ever heard the term “piling on”?

Maybe he didn’t hit him at all, and maybe he landed on Maas’ feet (cannot be determined by the stills), but clearly his intent was to tackle and if that was after the QB was going down he deserves a flag for it.

The main point is that if you call one play like that (an equally debateable late hit IMO) you should call the other. Consistency is required.

Since the Gordon hit was called, the Maas hit should've been too. No, you just have to be normal. Not bias towards the 'Cats, but there is no way that wasn't a penalty, and saying it shouldn't have been a penalty is completely pathetic, you either have a hate-on for the 'Cats or you don't know football at all (I'm leaning towards the second choice). Nobody has to be a fan-boy, but this isn't last year, and if you were at all a 'Cat fan, you'd give CONSTRUCTIVE critism. And CUT BOREHAM BECAUSE HE SUCKS, is NOT constructive. I wish that call was made, so then I wouldn't have to listen to your pathetic ramblings.

miller 91…what do u think of THIS non-call by the refs?

explain your way outta this one, miller-boy…lol

THE LAZY EXCUSE ??? How many points have been scored off of our roughing the passer penalties this season . Lots is the answer and we would of scored had the penalty been called . you cant hit the QB when he goes feet first . you can bet Marshall sent a tape or called the CFL office today . you can be any kind of fan you want bud but admit when the refs made a mistake will you ????

Ha, you're screenshots are horrible! Even the announcers said that Cheatwood tried to get out of the way. He tried to slow up, and get Burris out of the way. If you showed the video you would see that Cheatwood was on pace to smack Burris' entire body, Cheatwood did good as to getting all but his right arm out of the way. He couldn't slow down, tried to get out of the way, and the referees obviously realized this.