No BlackOut for This Game !!!!!

Why?

Pardon me if I don’t require a more reliable source on this call.

Me also…i’m a fool when it comes to the Cats. My friends will tell you, i’m quite pathetic with my blind support of my sports teams sometimes.

Fool me once shame on you…Fool me twice shame on me. That might be why it will take a while to bring them back. It took 4 or 5 years for some fans to get so frustrated they aren’t coming back. Might take more than one win to bring them back.

I know i’m going to regret asking this…but, why should people not watch this on TV and should go to the game instead?

CatsGoPrrrrr wrote: who cares, everyone should be at the game and not watching it at tv

I know i’m going to regret asking this…but, why should people not watch this on TV and should go to the game instead?

Because if you dont get enough in the stadium you wont have a team.

I knew I would regret asking this. Who’s responsiblity is it?

The fan for blind support?
The team for putting a competitive product on the field?

answer. Both.

The only problem the last 4 years only fans have been living up to their part of the equasion. The team may be catching up and starting to put a competitive product on the field. I don’t blame any fan for a little bit of apathy and “show me don’t tell me attitude”

Glovesave wrote,

I knew I would regret asking this. Who's responsiblity is it?

The fan for blind support?
The team for putting a competitive product on the field?

answer. Both.

The only problem the last 4 years only fans have been living up to their part of the equasion. The team may be catching up and starting to put a competitive product on the field. I don’t blame any fan for a little bit of apathy and “show me don’t tell me attitude”

Glovesave,

with all due respect. I know that a lot of fans were not happy with the product on the field for the last 4 years, ( myself included) but if fans use that as an excuse not to show up to games, and watch them on t.v. We are not going to have a team!! So regardless, if our team was bad. If the fans don`t show up( for a period of time) then say bye bye to football in Hamilton.

As great as Bob is as an owner of team. Im sure he still sees this as his business, not a charity. Over the past 4 years. He has been charitable to the city of Hamilton. Discount prices, free tickets, etc...Im sure this contributed to the great attendance we have seen.

Im sure he cant continue this type of spending without expecting a return of investment. That is where the fans come in to the support the team.

didnt we hear this response from previous owners and the caretaker said this wasnt the way to do business but i guess the more things change the more they stay the same. put a decent product of the field and blackouts wont matter because fans will want to go to the games until then leave it alone

if fans want a better product on the field then they should support the team by buying into it, and going to games, otherwise no fans will lead to no team

with all due respect. I know that a lot of fans were not happy with the product on the field for the last 4 years, ( myself included) but if fans use that as an excuse not to show up to games, and watch them on t.v. We are not going to have a team!! So regardless, if our team was bad. If the fans don`t show up( for a period of time) then say bye bye to football in Hamilton.
Well, I don't share your dramatic sense of the situation. I think Bob has gotten off easy the past couple of years and he knows it. He admits he didn't know how to run a football team and he made lots of mistakes.

I think he will have to ride out the string of customer dissatisfaction until at the very least a consistant competitive team is put on the field.

That may take a game, a month, a season or a few seasons to win people back…whatever.

This onus is on Bob to deliver and bring the fans back IMO.

He’s got me, i’m like a junkie needing his next fix of Cat football. Not all fans are as hooked as me and Bob has a lot of work to do to bring those fans back.

I, like many people are tired of threats of team moving or folding without my support. If they really feal that way then fold the team and let’s all move on. I don’t like being guilted into supporting something that hasn’t been able to support itself.

How about the threat of the fan not showing support until they believe they have something to be proud of on the field. Why is that looked upon as a negative thing?

I think some fans here are putting melodramatic pressure on other fans for risk of loosing the team, when I don’t believe Bob thinks that way at all.

Bob is not like our previous owners, he doesn’t hold his clients (the fans) at ransome with threats of doom if they don’t support him. He looks at this the right way, if they are not coming…why and give them a reason to come and if the product is solid they will come back for more.

He’s not there yet, but I think Bob and the cats will turn it around and when they do he will develop the loyal base this team deserves.

The success of this team will be based on management and the team itself not the fans.

Truer words have never been spoken for Cats’s fans.

“If you build it they will come.”

I think Bob is still building, and most fans will come, when they feel it has been built.

According to Ken Peter's Blog

Pardon me if I don’t require a more reliable source on this call.

8) Do you require a more reliable source than Scott Mitchell him self or the TigerCat Football Club, or the Hamilton Spectator ???????? :roll:

Glovesave,

I agree with some of the points you made.

For one, your right. Bob isnt holding anyone ransom or threatening to move the team. I think it goes without saying, that in todays day and age, if you dont support your team for an extended period, ie, low attendance. Then the team will fold. It happened in Ottawa twice. I don`t believe this will happen in Hamilton.

Like yourself, I`m a ticat fanatic too. I think this organization is on the right track. I believe Bob is doing the right things now. After 4 years of great attendance, it would be a shame if it dramatically dropped because this team is really showing promise. the Cats need great fan support.

The Ticats Gave Away a lot of tickets Before.
They are not doing as many now.

unfortunately a lot of people require a winner before they start to support them.. I love going to the Ticat games it is a social gathering of like minded people who are also out to have some fun. Just because the team loses, doesn't mean the entertainment factor is not their. When you come out to the game and you are in a good section the game becomes entertaining. Some people go to the movies, some go to the game. The game is a lot more entertaining when you see it live. To be there with your fellow fans to go through all the emotions of the game. It is worth going.

at the time I posted I had only heard about this via the KP blog. I had seen nor heard nothing official from the team or the spec. If that has changed so be it. At the time of posting this was only KP heresay.

8) If you had read the KP blog you would have seen as I stated that Scott Mitchell himself had informed KP that there was no blackout for this game !!!
 How much more "official" did you need it ??

It certainly was not KP "heresay" at the time of posting !!!   Give the guy some credit for a change !!!  He is the TiCat beat reporter for the Spec you know.  Did you just think he made it up !!!!      <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->