No Argos using our building!

if it was a business decision. The city and ticats would collect the rent from the argos and add it to their(city and ticats) bottom line, let them use the field and be done with it.

They won't leave any stench behind, it will be all caught up in their own vacuum.
BECAUSE AS WE ALL KNOW, ARRRGHGOS SUCK!

The wifes vacuum cleaner broke the other day,
So I put an Arrrghos sticker on it, NOW IT SUCKS LIKE CRAZY! :wink:

I look at it this way.... I love watching CFL games.... even the ones not involving our Cats. I sure there will be plenty of tickets available for any Arblow games at THF. Could you imagine if Ticat fans bought up the remaining tickets for these games, the kind of noise we could generate when they were on offence?? Heck... we could influence the outcome of the game!!

Excellent thought bwf. Built in home town crowd for the 'visiting' team

Hey if the price was right, why not load up the stadium with Cat fans and give them Arhols a real warm welcome. :twisted:

Grover,
I've seen you post before on this topic, but I am curious - do you have inside info on this topic? David is a great guy and astoundingly generous to the City of Hamilton and its institutions. But your opening line here should be reserved for Premiers McGuinty and Wynne, and Mayor Bratina. Everyone else, from Mr Braley to Ms Gene Sutton, to Ticats executives, to Federal ministers, all played a role but no one else were essential -by themselves- to getting Hamilton such a terrific new stadium.

I agree, this is the correct way to look at it - cheering for the Ticats would not be half as much fun if we didn't have the Argos to cheer against. If we receive a request from the Argos or from the CFL office, our response will be positive and welcoming to our fellow Canadian Football League member club.

I agree with Bob and others: Let the Argos play at THF. If it's good for the CFL, it's good for the Ticats. Beat the Argos on the field. Don't let it go to the point of wrecking another CFL club's operational and financial situation.

Well we are at it, The Cats can never CUT, Release or Trade any current players. What happens if he ends up with the Argos we are done from the playoffs forever.

Also all high school, junior or any football games must never be played at THF what happens if one of the kids grows up to play for the Argos. Kiss our playoff chances goodbye forever.

I look at it this way.... I love watching CFL games.... even the ones not involving our Cats. I sure there will be plenty of tickets available for any Arblow games at THF. Could you imagine if Ticat fans bought up the remaining tickets for these games, the kind of noise we could generate when they were on offence?? Heck... we could influence the outcome of the game!!
Finally a voice of reason

Thank You so much Caretaker for being class all the way :smiley:

X2!!! Can't figure out why this is even a topic of conversation.

Thank you sir. Mighty neighbourly of you. Let's hope it doesn't happen, but if it does, we'll take good care of the place.

lol. funny post you forgot 'abort fetuses to be on the safe side.'

should hope so. the Arhols are like the unwanted step son nobody wants ,if you have to give up your basement you should atleast charge room and board

Poetry in action :thup:

on a side note,

how has this thread not been locked already? The Jays aren't making the playoffs anyway, what ever happened to "Crossing the river when we get there?"

I am a strict believer and follower of Karma. The way rog*** has disrespected and spat in the face of the Argos, Canadian Sport Culture, and everyday Canadians like myself, they have only guaranteed themselves now a missed playoff spot due to their karmic negligence......

From a Jays fan, the Jays, due to their arrogant and embarrassing ownership team, they will not make the playoffs this year and will not be successful again until the Argo's are out of SkyDome.

I agree K/P (well about almost everything, Karma doesn't exist) the Jays are not making the playoffs. :thup:

With the utmost respect,
I do not have any inside info on this topic, just what is released by the media
Here is one example, Because this happened 5 years ago it is difficult to find other sources.
But I have read at least a few others.
It would be in the TiCats/City of Hamilton Stadium talks thread which has been locked. :wink:

[url=http://www.hamiltonmagazine.com/sitepages/?aid=2950&cn=FEATURES&an=End%20Zone]http://www.hamiltonmagazine.com/sitepag ... End%20Zone[/url]

"Hamilton’s role in the Pan Am Games hatched at least a year before the initial bid, and was spearheaded by the late Dr. Gene Sutton (a member of Canada’s Olympic Committee and a tireless proponent of amateur sport) as well as the input of other community stakeholders, including the Ticats. Sutton was aided by David Braley – former owner of the Ticats, present owner of the BC Lions and Toronto Argonauts, and the initial director of the Pan Am bid (a chair he resigned after being appointed to the Senate in May). Braley made a well-known secret of his interest in Hamilton’s possible role in the Games, in order to secure a facility for the Ticats."

Why is it throbbing?