Nick Setta

[quote= He cost us the game tonight…
[/quote]
Marcel is the guy who would have made the call - he could have sent Nic in to make the long single to force OT - then it would have been anybody’s game - as it was he opted to go for a 3rd & 23 yds…why I’ll never understand

Setta used to Mr. Reliable. So, what's happened?
Injuries, maybe...
But what about the holder? It's Trafalis, isn't it? Could there be a problem with their chemistry?

Nick Setta Converts 27-28 FG'S 69% 29-42 longest 51

Rob Maver (Guelph) Converts 22-22 FG'S 92.3% 12-13 longest 43

P.P Gelinas (Montreal) Converts 15-15 FG'S 92.3% 12-13 longest 43

Perri Scarcelli (Regina) Converts 7-7 FG'S 83.3% 10-12 longest 43

Maybe one of these young Non-import kickers could be brought in to "push" Mr. Setta a little, because frankly I don't see a compelling reason for him to be on the roster.

I would love to see Maver in a Ticat uniform next year but I suspect he'll be long gone before Hamilton gets to draft.

Agreed, I was in Guelph today and he was hammering the ball. His one convert went over the track and over the trees and fence at the end of the stadium out on to the road. He also boomed a 43 yarder straight through the uprights. Something the 'Cats could have used tonight.

well you can remember all the good things he did for the team in October when the Cats are, ONCE AGAIN, out of the playoffs....

I like Nick but he is Import kicker and if he not Kicking well it time draft a Canadian
This would allow us to Play an extra Import player on Offence
Terry Calley maybe..

At the very least, the team needs to bring in some competition next season. We'll have to live with Setta for the rest of 2009, but he has not earned any kind of consideration for the future. He parlayed his rookie year into an uncontested roster spot and a decent contract but I think he now has to fight for the job and I hope we see another kicker in camp in 2010 to set up some competition. I think it might even be worth seeing who is out there right now and putting them on the PR so that Setta realizes he needs to perform.

:thdn: As far as I am concerned he has cost us 2 games this tear including tonight those 2 missed field goal’s and that 4 extra points instead of the 2 points we did get. Well there is a win instead of a lost. Worst road team in CFL and if we are to get to the Big show that has to turn around. :oops:

Cracked Vertebrae my butt he's cleared to play do your damn job stop running around the stadium jumping up and down the stadium stairs your burning your self out

Toronto did Cut the Kicker Right Eddie Johnson Bring him in

Maybe Obie should sign as insurance a US kicker going down the stretch man has Setta been pulling the wool over every bodies eyes as to his health ???? :?

cost us 2 games this yr

Nick played great for us previously, but it's obvious that he is not the same this year, and in a nutshell he pretty much lost us the game today.

I don't want to run him out of town, but it only makes sense to bring in another kicker, and either put Nick on the practice roster or IR if he is hurt. The missed field goals, short punts, and kickoffs are costing us too many points, and too much field position.

Statistically he is the worst kicker in the league this year. To top it off he is taking up an import position, and we don't have a backup other than Stala. It should not be too difficult to find a replacement, until Nick can hopefully get back to form. The Argos found a second one after their starter was hurt the first week against us, and both those guys have serious strong legs.

Come on OB, we need some help here before we lose some more close games. Remember, better is better.

PJ

Forget NEXT YEAR bring someone in now, before the trade deadline!

I'd take the Wendy's Kick for a Million guy who kicked the 50 yarder, right about now. I don't ever remember seeing a player who's skill has decreased as much and as fast as Nick's. If he's injured, we should have had someone else on the practice roster.

Eddie Johnson is just as capable as Justin Medlock who in my opinion will be the next great kicker of the CFL. Sorry to say Stetta has poched too many kicks. Onknight is right - pickup Johnson immediately.

McCallum from BC has said he wants out. Maybe we can get wally to give him up.

from Glen Suitor's twitter page:

after Setta's game in Calgary...Paul McCallum for a draft pick to Hamilton? just a thought??

The problem is that there are NO decent kickers out there. None that are better than Setta.
It's not like receivers or running backs, any decent kickers are with NFL teams right now. Definately no Canadians that can kick right now. Just have to work with Setta, he's having a rough time but we've seen this guy kick great. I seem to remember Ozzie going through a bad stretch a few years ago and the fans getting on his back but he did pull through in the end.