NICE TO SEE THEM WIN BUT...

IT WAS NICE TO SEE CALGARY FINALLY GET OVER THE HUMP AND WIN THE CANADA CUP (TROPHY LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER TROPHY WE'RE ALL FAMILIAR WITH).
IS IT JUST ME OR DID THEY LOOK A LITTLE TOO HAPPY JUST TO WIN THE WEST, PARADING THE TROPHY AROUND THE STADIUM WITH THEIR BIGGEST CHEERLEADER-SANDRO DEANGELIS. I KNOW IT'S AN ACCOMPLISHMENT BUT I GUESS THEY DIDN'T GET THE MEMO FROM OTHER DIVISION CHAMPS IN OTHER SPORTS-DON'T TOUCH THE TROPHY. I JUST HOPE THAT WASN'T THEIR GREY CUP. MONTREAL LEFT THE TROPHY LIKE A JILTED BRIDE.

MONTREAL IN A ROMP NEXT WEEK.

CITY LEGEND

The parading of the trophy was for the fans. And the removal of Gorilla from their backs. Many many teams have avoided touching the conference trophy for fear of jinxing themselves only to lose the final. I happy they let their true emotions flow through and enjoyed "that" moment.

They know they have to move on now.

The whole don't touch the trophy thing is one of the stupidest things ever, I was glad to see them do that. Who cares how happy they are to win the West, I'd be that happy too. They'll be focused just the same for the Grey Cup I'm sure.

Funny they did the same thing in Montreal. Who cares the point will be that they are in the game much like Montreal. And may the best team win.

Agreed. It’s an accomplishment and they’re well within their rights to celebrate it. I understand the “focus on the big prize”, but it’s o.k. to enjoy the ride too. To each their own applies.

As I said in another thread