Nic Grigsby released from Bummers

If Grigsby left the bummers cause he wasn't getting the ball enough why would he come here? KA doesn't want a running back so much as a blocker = no glory = no interest in signing on either side

I hope Madu will be ready to play again soon, but I'd be surprised if the Cats went after Grigsby. The team just signed Carter last week, and Ojuri has been with the team since July. This points to Ojuri starting since he'll know the playbook better and Austin knows what he's getting, unless Carter has made a HUGE impression in a very short time.

If they're going to bring in another guy who's completely new to their system, I think an NFL cut would be a more likely candidate than Winnipeg's dirty laundry. And regardless, I think another RB signing after Carter is unlikely unless they think Madu's injury is more serious than they've let on.

Grigsby was one of Winnipeg's best players. He can hit the hole, and can catch out of the backfield. Remember when he beat us with the last second teardrop pass from Willy at Ron Joyce? It can't hurt to sign him. Madu is obviously injury prone, and Delone Carter, who will probably start on Friday night, has never played in the CFL.

Would love it if Grigsby helped us win the Cup. That would really stick it to Bummer fans.

Grigsby sounds like a complete tool. Dont sign unless absolutely necessary.

given that tools are useful, never understood it as an insult

a complete tool is a tool that gets the job done, no matter what the job be.

Read his tweets leading up to and after his release and make up your own word.

dork works for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Arash Madani ?@ArashMadani 4m4 minutes ago
On Nic Grigsby, I’m told the #Ticats have intrigue/interest. No signing imminent, however. Will evaluate him from afar this week.

Arash Madani ?@ArashMadani 3m3 minutes ago
Grigsby is on #Ticats radar because of their RB injuries, of course. Carter and Ojur will go vs. Ottawa, then decide on Grigsby after.

It may be too late then as another team will sign him.

3 teams are in need of a RB
TiCats
Als
Lions

Sign him ASAP he has 700yds on his resume this season!

Can he block/pick up a blitz? Can he catch as well as would be required in the Austin offence?

thought the Lions would have this guy signed by now

gary lawless ?@garylawless 24s25 seconds ago
Nic Grigsby''s reps have been in contact with #Ticats. No contract talks yet. Both sides just feeling the other out.

Like to see this work out. If it does, be interesting to see how the pieces are moved around.

Grigsby set to sign with the Tiger Cats at the first of next week!

We'd be better to bring in some OL who create some holes

You missed Winnipeg…

Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press tweeted that Grigsby will sign with Hamilton early this week. Edwards looked into it, and tweeted that it will probably happen.

I think this is a good move. I thought the two RB'S the Ticats used against the Redblacks did zip until the final time-killing drive. I want a RB to produce for all 4 quarters, and maybe Grigsby can do that for us.

Sounds like Madu is not ready to return