Nic Demski named GC108 Most Valuable Canadian

Quite a bit of revenue involved with a GC for the CFL. Pre game and half time sponsorships, Randy parading around in the Marks parka. $500 a ticket from the fans.

CFL getting a lot of mileage out of handing out a trophy. Would like to see $1 million to the winning team and they could likely get a sponsor for that if they tried.

Players get no cut of revenues but do get playoff money as per the CBA. Don't see the CFL giving an inch on that though.

Thought Rod Smith, in his first ever outing doing Grey Cup play-by-play was awesome. Glen Suitor now struggles to keep up with the play and misses too many little things for my liking. Smith only had one Rod Black moment in over 70 minutes of football, extended over 4.5 hours.
Black was definitely NOT MISSED. James Duthie & Kate Chucky performed admirably as desk hosts.
I'm not a huge fan of Bo Levi Mitchell but in all honesty he was terrific as TSN's guest analyst. If his bum shoulder forces him to retire I can see him serving as an analyst for a couple years before entering coaching!

In theory everyone on the Bomber GC108 roster should return for 2022. . . . but I don't believe it will happen.
Castillo may still have NFL dreams, Adams, Bailey & Wolitarsky are just a tad slow than burner speed the NFL now covets. Kenny Lawler might be courted by another CFL team with guaranteed money - and maybe $12,000 to $20,000 extra per season.
I now think Husky Harris might give it one more go in 22 . . . just to burn away all CFL rushing records for Canucks. But he's now an injury liability - so Bombers should have a backup plan if Harris has to go back onto the shelf. I don't think they'll give him another money spike so Harris will have to be satisfied with his current money.
Hope they can keep all their secondary guys in tow plus most of the front 7 (or really 10 when it turns into rotations)

I think Jeffcoat is the only one I worry about retiring but he's somewhat replaceable. Willy J ain't, neither is Stove Richardson, all 5'11", 310 lbs of him

Good for Demski, and it was for sure due to the clutch TD in the 4th.

Would have been cool to see Jakie get it though.

1 Like