NFL youbet 22/23

Didn't see that, is that on the website at Seating Solutions?

Just like I thought and no doubt as a result of this year’s playoffs, the NFL has officially tweaked their OT rules for the playoffs.

[NFL changes postseason OT to give both teams possession NFL overtime postseason rules - TSN.ca](NFL changes postseason OT to give both teams possession NFL overtime postseason rules - TSN.ca)

3 Likes

It makes sense. I mean sure you can analyze this to death as we have here on this forum but basically it simply makes total sense even if there is some argument, and there is, for keeping as is in the NFL. Emphasizing the word 'some' and not 'most' sort of thing. I can also argue that I can walk down the street in freezing cold naked and won't get frostbite as long as I don't do it for too long time-wise. There is usually an argument either way on most things in life but some things just make sense. Ok jon, let's not get into another discussion of the rouge here, ok? :wink:

1 Like

Under Branded Environments .

It was a Pepsi Pop Can , thought it was a beer can .

1 Like

Sacre bleu. No rouge discussion here. You are right. OT has been discussed to death during and after the NFL playoffs. Many would like to see a timed 15 minute quarter while others would like to see more like CFL/NCAA OT rules. I think we all agree that at the very least this is better than what was in place up until now.

2 Likes

The change in the overtime rule is only for the post-season, and I agree with it too. Each team gets one possession no matter what.

Teams getting the ball first, which went 10-2 since 2010, seems to have been the most compelling reason for the change.

The statistic probably would have been 11-1 had the Saints not gotten jobbed on a terrible pass interference no-call against the Rams in the 2018 season, which was right in front of an official who may as well have decided to close his eyes tight when Drew Brees threw the ball.

1 Like

Interesting that the team with the second possession has unlimited time for their drive, which is important if the team with first possession scores a TD after a 9 minute drive. I wasn’t aware of that. It makes sense. Otherwise the coin toss is brought back in as a factor and the first possession team could run down the clock and even force the 2nd possession teams to use time outs before they even get the ball. Not sure why the Viqueens voted against the rule for this reason. The rule isn’t likely apply to them much anyway since it is a playoff rule only.

1 Like

It's great to see this in our modern world too.

Wilson's appearance on the Manningcast of Monday Night Football did surprisingly make for good TV too.

Goodell may as well have stated as follows:
"Please disperse! There is nothing to see here! Please disperse! There is nothing to see here!"

For decades many like me, who did live in the Washington DC area for years and knew well of this guy's sleazy antics locally, wondered why it was all kid gloves by the mighty NFL when there was no hesitation to go after Jon Gruden and so many over the years for doing far less wrong some time ago or simply one mistake or like another party in a closed thread, somebody who did nothing illegal or wrong at all and then the NFL came around to admitting it was wrong.

This plot shall thicken and finally, finally Snyder can go as the WORST owner in the NFL all along following the ills of Jack Kent Cooke and prior owners of the prior Redskins franchise:

1 Like

This guy is a real slimeball. I’m guessing he’s done with the NFL. Owners may put up with a lot, but not taking money from their pockets. And if he did a little he probably did a lot more.

1 Like

TiCats have him on their neg list

1 Like

Can he kick field goals or punt ?

[Kaepernick willing to be backup QB if given shot to return restricted-content](Kaepernick willing to be backup QB if given shot to return restricted-content)

He really appears to want to play, but so far only thinking of NFL it appears. You would think he would get a chance there as a back up at least. If not we’ll see whether he considers the CFL.

1 Like

Well this plot has certainly thickened already.

The NFL becoming more and more like the NBA during the Stern years of the refereeing scandal exposed and Lebron's "The Decision" of July 2010 is not a good development.

3 Likes

Now this as well, imagine if this was a CFL team and the amount of "bush league" comments would be thrown around, same with the Browns situation above:

3 Likes

I can hear the slimeball likes of that Dan "Dick" Snyder now on that scheme like all others for decades now for his franchise:
"Hold back the money! We can use it to help boost monthly cashflow and our reports as well as some additional interest and liquidity!"

Snyder is far from the only such businessman who would engage in any such scheme simply because he's been able to do so without penalty and without being called out for such misdeeds all his life.

And of course such is known as conversion, a lesser crime than embezzlement as noted above of which the Washington franchise is also being accused.

As follows is the paragraph copied from the article above that does go out of its way to not state "embezzlement":

The letter also alleges that Washington improperly claimed revenue by saying money came from events such as a Navy-Notre Dame college football game that took place at FedExField, as well as a Kenny Chesney concert. Friedman told the committee that he "falsely processed" over $162K from Commanders NFL game tickets as being derived from the Navy-Notre Dame game. Money from those events would not be part of the NFL's pool, and the money made through this method was reportedly known internally as "juice." Ticket revenue is supposed to be shared among the 32 NFL teams, with 40% deposited into a visiting team fund.

1 Like

For those with an interest in any of the five international games of the NFL later in 2022:

interesting first round. 1 QB. 0 RB. 0 TE.

2 Likes
1 Like