NFL youbet 21/22

The defense is downright awful.
You are right, painful to watch.

1 Like

I was watching the local homer post-game show last night, who are usually of course homers, and Seth Joyner (retired, defence) amongst others were sounding off very critically and also about the offence.

Itā€™s a high school offence and so easy to defend itā€™s laughable. The Eagles ran the ball ONCE in the first half. When a team at even college level knows you are going to throw the ball on even every first down via read option or however, well now that makes the job on defence tremendously easier.

How the Eagles made this closer is also most baffling though by that late in the game, Tampa Bay did play away from the line so as to not give up the big play (which they did once).

One of the long-time commenters on the panel remarked that too much is being put on the QB Hurts, who has the skills to improvise, to make the offence work when heā€™s not being put in a position to succeed given the poor or no solid strategy and play-calling by the entire coaching staff.

It Hurts .

1 Like

Jabari Greer (ex DB for the Bills and Saints) appears on TSN here doing spots about the NFL. He was saying the same thing.

And to me, the defence is high school. Can not stop the run or pass.

A shame to see how this organization only a couple years ago have dropped to the bottom in such a short time frame.

At least I got to witness the one SB win.

1 Like

They finally won one. In dramatic fashion too.

Buffalo lost a close one tonight .

First a Buffalo return for a TD waived off from a holding then Allen not being able to get a half a yard on the two .

Getting envious of the offence down south ; that was a good game tonight despite the outcome .

Only thing I disliked was the commentator really giving it to the Buffalo player who had the penalty well after the game .

It was overtly mean comment for the mistake . Maybe I am getting soft .

Good thing I cant say what I was saying in my head about that penalty. Then again, these penalties alway piss me off. So so stupid. It is not a mistake when you are supposed to be a pro.

Buffalo with over 400 yards offense, 347 through the air but lose the game!!

Saints win another one.

Never expected them to start of 4-2. They have a number of tough games ahead tho, so I still dont expect them to make playoffs.

Normally the Thursday night games are a bore to me, but I hope this one on 28 October tonight Packers at Cardinals lives up to the billing and so I will be watching from a quiet night at work.

be a mixed thing for me with my number 6 and 7 teams playing. Cant they both win somehow? Make it happen ehh

really good game tonight. Too many injuries tho

1 Like

I caught that injury to both players on what looked like a routine kickoff return, and well, this is not looking good.

I figure now, perhaps as early as next season after that play is reviewed with others, that the NFL will do away with kickoffs altogether just as they had contemplated in the past decade when they made other changes.

thing is, that same thing can happen on other plays as well

1 Like

Yes of course and it has happened many times over. My point is, and it was ever more visible last night and so bad that it went to a double commercial break on Fox, is that it is all still happening just as badly despite all the safety measures taken and changes made.

With many watching the only NFL game in town last night, it was not a good look as ironically in the US during the break, the NFL ran its ad about all the progress it has made on player safety.

I canā€™t be the only one who was rather stunned by the episode from what would appear an ordinary play.

Weā€™ll see what the NFL does or does not do, but if they eliminate kickoffs this time around, I wonā€™t be surprised given that terrible look last night with heavy implications for business.

ā€¦quite the mess in old Green Bay eh?!

1 Like

Iā€™m sceptical at the ā€œjusticeā€ the NFL will deliver also because heā€™s a top quarterback.

Aaron Rodgers unvaccinated (not in itself an offence) and concealing the fact (this is the problem because you can make that choice with disclosure), Henry Ruggs probably going to be charged with homicide to some degree, and "POOF!" look how the NFL will make any more talk of those e-mails in Washington go away?

I don't have the answers on how or why, but I am noticing that talk vanished already.

Buffalo was given a big upset by Jax .

Shut down to only 6 points .

1 Like

was having high hopes for Buffalo until I realized that their strength of opponant both played and to be played is under 40. Easiest schedule in the league.

I find this info here Playoff Picture and Status (playoffstatus.com)

actually, since they lost their last two games, those numbers have gone up slightly