NFL youbet 20/21...

Tua with the first of his many TD passes, tied 7-7 end of 1st

Goff throwing away the game.

ah it twas a great day today.

Two biggest games to me were the Bills and the Saints games. Both wins. Along with a few other games that went my way.

Pretty much enjoyng this season so far

so I am kinda divided.

I hope that the NFL can complete the whole reg season, yet I like the idea of the contingency of having 16 teams in the playoffs.

My Bills at 8 - 3 and up to # 5 in power rankings will be getting lots of national exposure the rest of the way. This week in Arizona again on Monday Night football to play the 49'ers who can't play at home due to tighter Covid controls there.

The following week the Bills host the currently undefeated Steelers on NBC Sunday night football. The week after that @ Denver on a Saturday afternoon on NFL Network and then another Monday night appearance at New England.

So 4 of their 5 remaining games on National TV in the States which means available all across Canada.

Oh Did I mention I coach the Bills. :yum:

in

2 Likes

Bills are my number one team in the AFC again this year.

It has been awhile.

Great to see the Saints be first to lock up playoff spot. They have been lucky to play last 3 games against sub 500 teams without Brees.

I hope they dont try to rush Brees back too soon. They should be able to beat Eagles without Brees. It would not be bad for them to lose to Chiefs the following week. I kind of like the idea of Chiefs having a chance to beat out Steelers for the bye.

Hopefully Brees can be just fine to play last 2 games.

way to go Bills. What a great game by Josh Allen

Loved watching the Steelers lose tonight.

Every game that mattered to me went my way this week.

Back here for general NFL commentary now ...

Mid-season I was disillusioned already by all the rescheduled games and teams with the same uniform that were not the same week in week out due to so many cases of the virus.

Notice how the NFL had to tighten up their already strict protocols with incredibly stiff finds and sanctions, and it has worked as now we have steadier schedules and teams.

No fans in attendance, a point I am making also in the NHL thread about all sports in general but for one, has made me less enthusiastic about watching games though. No fans in the stands does affect the coverage adversely not only the action, energy and adrenaline of the 4th quarter.

At least we have the games with the best players on the field now though. I'm amazed we made it this far into the season, but even so a whole lot can go wrong quickly in January.

Anybody else notice Zylstra and Singleton with a great day on Sunday?

Yes Singleton was in on the loss but he played well overall when the rest of the Eagles' defense stunk.

CFL Experience + Making NFL Roster + Work = NFL Success

will the saints make it through tomorrow. Will they be scheduled on next sat, or sun. Can they win a post season game without their regular running backs. Do the rest of the RBs in contact with Kamara have to stay out as long am him? How healthy is Brees. When will Thomas play? How healthy is he?

So many questions for the Saints. Totally sucks I tell ya.

Still, I am really looking forward to tomorrows games....I think.

Didnt notice Z but I hope he does well.

Looks like the Wildcard round is set

The NFC

Rams @ Seahawks
Bucs @ Washington
Bears @ Saints

Packers with the bye

The AFC

Colts @ Bills
Ravens @ Titans
Browns @ Steelers

Chiefs with the bye

My predictions:

NFC

Seahawks
Bucs
Saints

AFC

Bills
Ravens
Browns

I'm predicting a Seahawks vs Chiefs Super Bowl. I'm expecting the Bucs to go far and lose in the championship (never underestimate Tom Brady in the playoffs).

Rams/Seahawks - want Rams, expect Seahawks, 65% confident
Bucs/WFT - want WFT, expect Bucs, 100%
Saints/Bears - want Saints, expect Saints, 70%

Colts/Bills - want Bills, expect Bills, 80%
Ravens/Titans - want Titans, expect Ravens, 55%
Browns/Steelers - want Browns, expect Steelers, 60%

expect Packers/Chiefs SB
want Saints/Bills SB

be nice to see the Bills finally get one.

Sure do hope that what is happening at Wash. Capitol building does not impact the game this weekend.

I mean, you would think they could have waited until after the game.

Well those folks tend not to watch football or many sports either in my experience, but of course we can’t go there. It was disgraceful, but for those of us too few like me paying closer attention down here and sounding the alarm after Lansing, it was not a surprise. They announced what they were going to do earlier in the day and did it. The surprise was how easy it was, and well, I’ll stop there.

4 Likes

They play at Landover, MD just outside of DC.

Without any fans at the game security at the Stadium shouldn’t be an issue.

Sarcasm I figure?

After this week’s abject historic national failure of even the basics of crowd control never mind a basic tactical plan to deal with such common contingencies, with such as day-in day-out routine in Washington for two decades now since 9/11 except in this last week and that was no accident and is another post another forum, I guarantee they’ll have more security than ever at a wildcard game despite there being no fans.

Such would be beyond prudent right now because there are those amongst that lot who want such a venue to make a statement.

The NFL also won’t have it any other way and it’s the Sunday Night game, which will have the highest ratings too such that NBC Universal and all the sponsors of the prime advertising are going to feel stronger than ever to demand security assurances.

2 Likes

It would be unfortunate if the game was delayed because of what happened at Capitol Hill.

Politics aside, there’s absolutely zero excuse for what went down at the hill.

No place in society for it.

1 Like