NFL youbet 20/21...

…FYB was lax in creating a new thread, so I jumped him…

…Rivers no longer a Charger, which is sort of sad seeing he was a Charger for so darn long, but maybe he’ll actually land somewhere with a hope, both Miami and Tampa could use a veteran ball chucker…

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/philip-rivers-chargers-agree-to-part-ways

…opens the door for TB12 to step in eh?!

Good point RnW - Brady in LA would ignite that division with its haves and have-nots. It has now teams in two new and recently new markets.

I could see the NFL working behind the scenes to open more doors for this to happen given Brady’s instant celebrity.

…the Chargers absolutely have to have a draw for that big new barn they’ll be playing in and if they bring in a second-rate QB there’ll be a lot of empty seats when the lightning bolts are playing a home game…plus TB12’s business ventures would do well in the LA market, with him and his wife being celebs and all…the Chargers have a fair bit of cap space for 2020 (ranked 12th, my what a coincidence) not only for TB but for other parts he may want, and have a base of good players at his disposal right now…

…with PR now gone, I’d say the Chargers have risen to the top of where Tom Brady will land…

1 Like

lax, harumpf. Don’t usually start a new thread until summer. grrrr

I have been a Rivers fan from the beginning. Didn’t do well last year. Not sure what he has left. I hope he doesn’t go to a team I don’t want to cheer for.

Brady in LA with the chargers it will be a celebrity gathering like at Lakers games.
As for the Chargers they can turn things around quickly.
As Brady won’t command a huge salary do to his already wealth. Creating Alot more cap space for some major upgrades of top players.
Just like with the Pats

1 Like

but he aint giving money up either just to play in LA, he’ll still demand (and warrant) top dollar, maybe not the 30M that the pats allegedly were offering but still 20-25M, that’s a big cut of that cap space…

…still, the chargers have some good assets already in place…they don’t have to add much…

1 Like

I Like the Duke

so happy to read the Brees will be returning to the Saints for at least one more year.