NFL Regular Season 22/23

A preview of today's games. The best Thanksgiving line up in many years with even the Lions having a fighting chance after winning 3 in a row.

1 Like

i love that it’s a mid week all day football day.

1 Like

Me too but for those who have to work like me it’s PVR central and turning off all media so I can watch the Dallas game about 90 minutes after it starts. I’ll have to forego the early game but no biggie there.

yea i was just thinking about all the NFL fans who have to work today. i’m sorry. i won’t do game threads today lol.

Don’t let us working stiffs hold you back.

3 Likes

The only Thanksgiving game that would change from year to year in terms of location is the third game as the first two locations have been set (Detroit in the first game followed by Dallas in the second game).

The NFL tried to replace Dallas with the St Louis Cardinals back in 1976 or 1977 and went back to Dallas as they were a ratings disaster.

1 Like

I am at home and will watch at least the first two games (visiting my Dad later at the hospital, recovering from knee surgery).

3 Likes

Why not? There are others at home saying “thank god there’s something decent to watch on today…”

3 Likes

If you click on the link I provided above the article goes on to give a great history of Thanksgiving games. Apparently the Cards hosted in 1975 and 1977 in order to take advantage of Air Coryell but they fell flat in both games. Pete Rozelle then went back to Dallas GM Tex Schramm who agreed to take back the game as long it was guaranteed to be permanent so that a tradition could be built.

The history is an interesting read and it also notes that Jerry Jones and his children work diligently for the Salvation Army as their charity of choice and that the Cowboys have donated over $3 billion to charity, so you have to give Jones credit for that at least.

3 Likes

I just love the salute to John Madden today. Always loved him on broadcasts and especially on Thanksgiving - Game Turkey not game balls.

No small wonder he was an amazing and successful coach....

1 Like

I know I rag on Jones a lot but I will give credit where credit is due.

1 Like

Hell of a game for the first Turkey Day game......Gotta wait to post this there are two ticks left on the clock and things may change.....

1 Like

that first game was decent. i am now making peanut butter cookies for game day. giants - cowboys starting soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

omg the Cowboys are wearing their. sweet white unis and retro helmets! damn maybe i should have picked them instead of the Giants. :thinking:

1 Like

LOL they showed old footage of John Madden eating turducken - a turkey stuffed with a duck stuffed with chicken. my god what a scene. :joy:

1 Like

Did they show him “cutting” it with his fingers? Al Michaels was talking about it last week on TNF, apparently nobody thought about bringing a knife along with the turduckin and since there were no bones John just dove right in.

yes! they said Madden always liked eat with his hands or something lol they showed him totally manhandling this mass of meat

Apparently he was quite the foodie and travelling by bus was perfect for him to stop by favourite restaurants on his trips.

1 Like

dude was huge so i bet he could eat like a beast lol

1 Like

a lot of penalties in this game so far