2 Likes

GB
MIN
JAGS
LAR
TB
SAINTS (for @bobo82 )

3 Likes

It’s actually going to be a fun night on MNF . It’s my Saints versus my sons team the Ravens . Hopefully we will be watching it after a successful Sunday of watching the Cats and Lions both advancing in the play-offs . :smiley:

3 Likes

yes i too am looking forward to the Lamar Jackson show on MNF with the nice ravens helmets. i already have my designated beer in the fridge for that one.

1 Like

Packers
Vikings
Raiders
Rams
Chiefs
Ravens

2 Likes

i know you mean LA Rams :grin:

Hope I can do better than my 1-5 record last week (which is actually hard to do that poorly!)

Packers
Vikings
Jaguars
Bucs
Chiefs (Lock of the week!)
Ravens

Thanks as always!

2 Likes

Sorry about this change, but I think I’m going to pick the Rams over the Bucs (luckily I didn’t make them my “lock” and really put my foot in my mouth!)

Packers
Vikings
Jaguars
Rams
Chiefs (Lock of the week!)
Ravens

Thanks again. Sorry for the trouble.

3 Likes

I agree that the Chiefs are the lock of the week and think you will be happy that you moved on from the hapless Bucs.

2 Likes

i think you have games mixed up

LA Rams are playing the TB Bucs
KC Chiefs are playing the Titans

1 Like

Okay, I’ll try again

GB
MIN
JAGs
TB
KC
NO
Thank you for your patience
Hope I have it right this time :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Packers (not as bad as the lions)

Vikings

Raiders (but really what is this game?!?)

Rams (Actually why is this in here? Raiders vs Jags is bad enough!:smiley:)

Chiefs

Ravens (finally get the statement win they
are looking for)

1 Like

Packers
Vikings
Raiders
Rams
Chiefs
Ravens

Thank you kindly! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The Raiders and Rams games are in there because they are among the hardest to pick this week. We don’t put in games with one marquee team that are expected to be a blowout such as the Bills and Eagles games. We also try to rotate in all teams so we aren’t sticking to the same ones all the time. There are also I think six byes this week so the choice of games expected to be close is limited. Like you I won’t watch the Jags/Raiders but you still have to pick it. The TB/Rams game features the last two Super Bowl winners although neither are playing well this year. I think it’s a toss up.

1 Like

I love the reasons behind it. Makes the standing very volitle. Still hard to pick between those teams.

It is but many pools pick all games so you would still have to pick those games. Too many marquee teams have too many easy games. We don’t get Bills/Chiefs or Cowboys/Eagles every week unfortunately.

By the way, we would all appreciate it if you would put in a clunker week soon, say 1-5.

1 Like

I have between 0% to 50% confidence in all but one pick this week. Won’t say which one because there is no surer way to jinx it!:+1:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s the Chiefs you have the most confidence in. I know I do.

1 Like

ok so we still need week 9 picks from @Mightygoose @Paul_ste_marie @cflcats

and it looks like @Stickweld21 was suspended. oops.

Over the years I have learned to be less confident in the picks in which I think I am more confident and then to be occasionally confident about an upset prediction.

By December we are at that part of the season when the injury situation will dictate more no matter a team’s track record as well as to note that the teams that have slim odds or no shot can and will play more aggressively against stronger opponents because they have little or nothing to lose.

With the NFL redoing the schedules a few years ago so as to make the last two weeks full of more meaningful match-ups including within a team’s division, thankfully we have fewer of those dud games too in the last two weeks and plenty of upsets.

3 Likes