NFL Pool Week 8

Panthers
Saints
Commanders
49ers
Seahawks
NY Jets

2 Likes

hah Matt Ryan makes avg 30 million per year. Lamar Jackson is making 2.4 million per. Lamar is going to be very rich very soon tho.

It’s good when the picks are tough. I think the Bills will torch the Packers and the Cowboys will torch the Bears so there is little value in putting those games in the pool. Unfortunately we are in a 5 week or so stretch with an abundance of poor games. We can only work with what is scheduled.

The other thing, just like most years, is that some teams that appeared to be contenders, such as the Packers and Bucs, shit the bed and are no longer relevant. I’m sure that most of us would have thought of Bills/Packers to be a battle of two Super Bowl contenders at the start of the year, but now it’s nothing but a likely slaughter. Similarly, surprisingly good teams such as the Jets and Giants always emerge. The Bears are still crap but they had a good week last week.

2 Likes

oh yea sorry i wasn’t seriously complaining i was more musing lol. and it would be hard for me to choose between vikings and cards helmets because i like both. i too am glad it is harder, because you’re right, it was be boring if it was always the games with an obvious favorite. also stop picking games with the commanders!

ok i'll try this

Falcons
Saints
Colts
*49ers
Seahawks
Jets

*changed pick from Rams

1 Like

so does the playoff one work the same way? but pick all games or something i would assume.

I don’t think that I have picked them yet. We wanted to make sure that all teams got picked at least once and I think we are there. Gotta pick from a football point of view though or there would be little to pick from. I know you don’t like Snyder but there have been many more bad actors. Rice in Baltimore, Watson in Cleveland and sure to be hall of famer rapey Ben in Pittsburgh. Gruden in Tampa and Raiders. The perennially cheating Patriots. The list goes on. You could probably find a bad actor on every team at some point.

1 Like

of that i have no doubt whatsoever. but my intentional ignorance allows me at least be a fan. professional athletes are like many other demographics with good, bad and somewhere in between.

but dammit snyder is so slimy and creepy and snakey. i mean i guess most of the owners probably are hah

1 Like

The playoff pool was kind of impromptu and didn’t even have its own thread. That will change this year. Yes we picked winners of each game. It did come together and Maaax came up with a trophy. Below is a link to the final standings post and ones surrounding it.

https://forums.cfl.ca/t/nfl-youbet-21-22/69519/504?u=jon

‘Slimey, Creepy and Snakey’ are three lesser known Disney Dwarfs who currently own NFL Teams.

1 Like

my god i can’t imagine who snow white would be? roger goodell?

i sort of expect most owners looks something like this:

2 Likes

They all wear Cheesie B-Grade Alien costumes?

Falcons
Raiders
Colts
Rams
Giants
Jets

2 Likes

i know the colts suck but i do like their white helmets and unis - they remind me of college football look.

are the cowboys wearing their sweet white with blue star retros this year? i prefer those to the silver and blue.

No, but I picked the Colts because of the Canadian connection. His name starts with Eh.

1 Like

Mortal Lock
Atlanta by 1 Game of the Week
Washington by 4
NY Giants by 8

75/25
New England by 5

50/50
San Francisco by 5

25/75
New Orleans by 4

2 Likes

Falcons
Raiders
Colts
Rams
Giants
Jets

2 Likes

Panthers
Raiders
Colts
49ers
Seahawks
NY Jets

Can't believe I'm picking the Panthers on the road, but there you have it.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I notice you’ve given up on the Saints.

And how am I supposed to gain on you if you pick the same teams I did?

2 Likes

well, 5 out of 6 aint bad :slight_smile:

1 Like