NFL Pool Week 5 Picks

hah.

IMO, they pretty much play in the toughest division in football every year. i strongly believe the Eagles and the Brady-Belichick era Pats alone are the main reason they haven’t won more championship in the last two decades.

Probably a good chance Mahal picks them as they are his favourite team as well as mine.

It’s amazing how they went from a laughing stock defence two years ago to probably the best in the league so far this year. They also had the best offense in the league last year but are getting it done with a game manager in place while Dak is out. If Dak returns next week then I say that will be the game of the year to date.

They have exceeded my expectations. There are also those who say the Eagles are the best team in the league. We will see how they match up next week against the best defence they have played so far this year. It’s funny how the historically powerful NFC East has suddenly returned to prominence as the best division in the league so far after several years of downright awful.

My pick will be Dallas with Dak, Philadelphia without Dak.

1 Like

eagles are very good. but i’m not betting against the cowboys again this season unless they lose badly and fall off a cliff.

as a football fan, i don’t have any real team affiliation in NFL (other than my feelings towards certain organizations answer players for non-football related reasons), but i love seeing good teams play sound football.

No, not being able to win playoff games is one big reason, even at home which is not playoff-friendly (I picked the 49ers correctly last year for example amidst all the overconfident fans like every year), and there is so much more from there including an owner who likes to slip in for cameos at GM and at coach.

The entire Cowboys’ framework is broken, and the more you all don’t know it is fine by me and other fans in the division and beyond plus all that “America’s Team” nonsense.

Most of us fans of the Eagles, but for some homers who still listen to local radio for some reason know these Eagles are good, but we also know it’s way to early for proclamations.

For sure I am happy the division is back to prominence, which is good for the NFL too and the media sure love that because many in the NFL media are homers for the New York Giants anyway.

2 Likes

In case you don’t know we have dubbed the Bombers “America’s Team”.

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, for now and I’m okay with it.

I’ve been pondering a scam to get the Blue Bombers into the NFL playoffs somehow should they win the Grey Cup instead of some hapless #7 seed limping into the NFL playoffs as did my Eagles last year so as to waste everybody’s time in Tampa where they have no shot but for perhaps a coin flip chance even with divine intervention.

sorry for the typos and messed up sentences. some of my text got deleted by mistake. typing fast on ipad can be weird. i had a whole other bit in there about the eagles and i can’t even remember it all now.

Unfortunately the Bombers would have no chance. Even a CFL all star team with a month of practice would be hard pressed to stay within 30. But that’s ok. They are different and unique leagues and I love them both, warts and all.

1 Like

Cowboys should stick with Rush at QB.

1 Like

/Call disconnects mysteriously
Alright we’ll take the next caller who is NOT a Cowboys’ fan for our next call dear listeners! :sweat_smile:

lol but i’m not a cowboys fan

it’s actually kind of brutal that the eagles and cowboys are in same division. freakin giants too.

But I still want it! Yes they would have to play by American rules, but I figure they could hang with one of the worst teams to make the playoffs.

Now blocking an NFL defensive line or throwing with enough zip to beat NFL defensive backs into tighter windows of course are amongst the challenges ha ha.

1 Like

Eagles with or without Dak.

1 Like

Rush only passed for 102 yards yesterday, but he made no mistakes. I’ll take Dak for now. I thought he was the best QB in the league (and he was statistically) 5 games into the season when he shattered his ankle. He certainly hasn’t got there since then but I am holding out hope that he will get most of the way back. He still ran the #1 offence in the league last year and I can’t see Cooper doing anywhere close to that, although I am happy with his performance overall as a substitute.

It’s deliberate.

When the NFL re-aligned twenty years ago, they moved Arizona out of the NFC East (years ago St. Louis before they had the Rams) and Indianapolis out of the AFC East (years ago Baltimore) and left the rest intact for chiefly media reasons.

The Dolphins had more appeal at the time as often visiting fans showed, and they still do depending on the opponent, in South Florida including especially of all teams in their division.

There is also a strong tax reason for keeping a team from Texas and a team from Florida in a division - income earned or derived from those games is not taxed by either state!

I want the Cowboys to get their Dak back after he sleeps more on one of those mattresses so as to be far more relaxed in his play. :grin:

IMO, that eagles - cowboys game is a pick ‘em regardless of whether Dak or Rush is playing. but what i do i know.

from a stats perspective my head says pick eagles, especially with Wilson back. but my gut says cowboys because they’ve been finding a way to win.

i just like numbers and stuff.

also that cowboys defence is very good

1 Like

I (everyone I know) can’t stand Jerry Jones. That camera footage a few years back of him spitting up his drink at the same time his reserve QB threw a pick to end his club’s playoff hopes was priceless. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

i feel like that if the cowboys beat the eagles next week, some of you are going to be excessively and disproportionately angry lol :joy:

1 Like