NFL Pool Week 13 Picks

Here are the Week 13 picks. Better games this week finally. Good luck to everyone.

Sunday, December 4 12:00 CST

NY Jets at Minnesota
Jacksonville at Detroit
Tennessee at Philadelphia
Washington at NY Giants

Miami at San Francisco 3:05 CST

Kansas City at Cincinnati 3:25 CST

If the season ended today I believe that all teams on the slate would make the playoffs except Jacksonville and Detroit, but good luck picking that stinker.

3 Likes

Well the heavy gloves have been traded in for lighter gloves now, but of course there is more than enough room for fun.

Week 13 = The Tough Love Slate

New York Jets
Why? Because they are the Jets and this is the sort of game they are supposed to lose on the road but inexplicably THEY CAN WIN! The Vikings of course are hot and supposed to win this game, but as we have seen, these Vikings are exceptionally capable of pooping their own beds at home.

The fans of the Jets of course, if you have ever known them, will go nuts and annoint Mike White the next Joe Willie already like they always do.

In full disclosure, there's also a dramatic rooting interest here for me and a CFL bias. Newcomer QB for the Jets Mike White has the hot hand and has become an instant Gotham Villain. Joe Flacco? Well he's been hanging around behind the barn for no disclosed reason. And we do all know that all villains need good henchmen, and we do know that there is nothing gangster about that Joe Flacco at all, so that leaves us with - CHRIS STREVELER as the backup villain as Mike White's trusty henchman just in case!
Go Jets!

Jaguars

If the season ended today I believe that all teams on the slate would make the playoffs except Jacksonville and Detroit, but good luck picking that stinker.

@Jon is correct again. I also found the above quote in Wiktionary when reading again about tough love, with which he decided to grace us all along with the unveiling of this week's Tough Love Slate. Thank you?
:thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :confused:

One winces :anguished: before venturing to watch this match-up in Detroit with perhaps the aid of a drink made from something strong but a mid-lower shelf selection. There is no use wasting fine spirit for such moments. Take your wicked medicine and watch like a soused pirate still on deck in the midst of the next gale before the oncoming storm. Despite all evidence, it inexplicably feels too early to go inside and call it a night, and there you are watching this abomination of gridiron with only your tough drink and your soul in mind. Or just your tough drink you ghoul you.

Eagles
Of course though I would note my Eagles have trouble stopping the run, then again these Titans failed against those visiting Bengals and ran poorly so I'm more optimistic than not given there will be no slacking off after allowing Green Bay to score 33 points on us right here on our turf at night. You Eagles better watch a whole lot of film and wear extra pads for that Derrick Henry hoss. It's too late to work on any conditioning and hit the weights. Here's my unsolicited advice to the Eagles' defense now. When you are over-matched and perhaps slightly too slow to make a solid, textbook tackle, just launch yourself full ass in his lower direction and hope your teammates chip in to roll him over with you! That's the improved brand of team rushing defense that can stop those Titans!

New York Giants
The Commanders will bring it because they can do so. The locals are quite angry given that these Giants have not been bringing their A-game of late given two straight losses including to even the visiting Lions! In these parts of the continent, tire irons and blowtorches are preferred over pitch forks and torches you see, and my forlorn, occasionally reliable sources tell me that an organized, unruly mob is already amassing outside nearby MetLife Stadium in otherwise tranquil Secaucus. Beware and be afraid for whichever team and fan base you dare choose for this one friends. Be brave too!

49ers
No comment I got nothin'

Chiefs
Those Bengals are coming off three straight wins and are a better team already. The Chiefs are hot, but this is their first likely bad weather game on the road. With fine barbecue and sauce amidst all their comforts at Camarohead, are these Chiefs hungry enough to go the extra mile on the road? This game looks like it ends up being one of the best ones and reminiscent of their playoff game in January 2022 in which the Bengals prevailed in an upset.

!Buena suerte a todos!

3 Likes

Getting my picks in before the 11th hour for once:)

Vikings
Jacksonville
Philadelphia
Washington

Miami

Kansas City

2 Likes

Thanks Jon! :partying_face: :boom: :beaver:

2 Likes

Gonna go with:

Minnesota
Detroit
Philadelphia
NY Giants
Miami
Kansas City

Thanks!

2 Likes

some decent games and tough picks this week. i will have to meditate on the helmet aesthetics.

I have still not decided on a couple of games and am thinking of picking four underdogs. I need more time to contemplate before doing something that foolish. The helmet I like the best of the teams playing is the 49’ers, one team I have decided on.

1 Like

MIN
DET
TEN
WSH
MIA
KC

Thanks! :+1:

2 Likes

Minnesota
Jacksonville
Philadelphia