MahalCFLers back with week 12.

Here are this week's schedule

NY Giants vs COWBOYS
Patriots vs VIKINGS
Bengals vs TITANS
CHARGERS vs Cardinals
Falcons vs COMMANDERS
BRONCOS vs Panthers

The capital letters are my picks for this week.

Good luck and may all of your picks be winners.

3 Likes

Cowboys
Viqueens
Bengals (upset special)
Chargers
Commanders
Panthers

To use Ted’s words, it’s a mortal lock that these picks will get me back in the race.

3 Likes

Hoping your luck rubs off on me

1 Like

Cowboys
Patriots
Titans
Chargers
Commanders
Broncos

Thanks!

2 Likes

Here goes:

NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS (thanksgiving, in Dallas, Cowboys coming off a huge win, Giants coming off a bad loss, What the hey, I’ll take my G-men for the upset)

VIKINGS If this burns me again I won’t pick them ever again! (or until next week lol)

BENGALS in a close one

Cardinals (they will get the head coach bump after relieving Kliff Kingsburry on Tuesday morning!)

Falcons - can’t have more NFC B-EAST teams winning!

Carolina. - Denver is currently incapable of winning.

Good luck all.

1 Like

This is just to bump the thread so it’s easier to find.

1 Like

:flushed:

Jay-sus I stink at this picking stuff this year . Anyways after another stellar week here are my picks for this week . :laughing:

Cowboys
Vikings
Titans
Chargers
Commanders
Panthers

Good luck to all :beers:

1 Like

I make a request for future weeks subject to of course any high-profile national game.

Can we have ONE week that does not involve any one of these teams?

Cowboys, Vikings, Chargers, and Broncos?

It's as if there is some unwritten rule at hand here given the frequency those teams are on the list!

1 Like

Cowboys
Patriots
Titans
Chargers
Commanders
Panthers

1 Like

We will put out best effort to not have those teams next week :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We have been making an effort all year to mix up the teams but the slate of available games has generally been weak once the byes started. We are therefore limited in what games we pick so as to avoid likely blowouts and therefore teams like the Texans are rarely picked.

I will make an effort to see how often we have picked certain teams and get back to you. I don’t think the teams you mention have been picked that often, the Viqueens only 3-4 times I think. The Chargers are usually a good pick because they are unpredictable. We have picked the Falcons and Saints and Jets a lot. And of course everyone loves the Cowboys or should.

I’ll get back to you and your post is a good reminder to try and vary the teams, although as I said some weeks our hands are extremely tied. Take a look at any upcoming week with byes and try to identify 6 games that are not likely blowouts. It’s not always easy.

2 Likes

DAL
NE
CIN
LAC
WAS
DEN

Thanks! :+1:

2 Likes

Cowboys
Patriots
Bengals
Chargers
Commanders
Panthers

Thanks!

2 Likes

Cowboys
Patriots
Bengals
Cardinals
Commanders
Panthers

2 Likes

You all are doing quite well and it's not as easy as maybe it would appear no doubt so as to avoid the blowout games.

Yes indeed the Chargers are an easy find because they are unpredictable as are this season's Jets.

But I have noticed some games ignored in a few weeks with the same lot of those teams picked recently, so I brought it up and of course I am not saying a competitive national or night game should be excluded (except I don't like Thursday night games at all unless perhaps it's a rare real marquee matchup).

It's a bit of a bummer that this year there are no Saturday games in December except on Christmas Eve - I used to like those games since the college football crap was over but for the participation bowl game crap.

1 Like

I ignored on purpose the Jets and Saints last week because they have been picked a lot. They have both been unpredictable as well.

I don’t share your automatic dislike for evening games. Most of the Thursday games have been crap and they are the hardest to pick as not everyone makes their picks quickly. I think under half of the pool participants have picked their games this week with less than 24 hours before game time. Still, it is hard to ignore Thanksgiving games and especially a game with teams with records like the Giants and Cowboys, even though everyone knows the Cowboys will win. I like the Sunday night games as those following have three time slots in a row that affect the pool standings and they have easily been the best of the night games so far. Still, it has been a tough year with the schedule being made long ago and so many expected contenders underperforming.

I also love Saturday games. Usually they have games on Saturdays the last two weeks of the regular season and then the first two weeks of the playoffs, but from what I read above it appears that there will be only one Saturday for games in the regular season.

2 Likes

Cowboys
Patriots
Titans
Chargers
Commanders
Broncos

1 Like

I'm going to re-engage my brain for today's picks just to see if it makes any difference. Hope nothing explodes.

COWBOYS
VIKINGS
BENGALS
CHARGERS
COMMANDERS
PANTHERS

Thanks MahalCFLer! :brain: :beaver:

2 Likes

Giants
Vikings
Bengals
Chargers