NFL Playoff Pool- Divisional Round-Picks and Standings

K.C. to end the Jags ride.
Philly says bye to the Giants.
Buffalo play better than last weekend and stop the Bengals.
Purdy continues his Cinderella season, Niners.

Good luck to all.

2 Likes

Hi All,

Here are my picks for the divisional round:

1. Kansas City
  2. PHILADELPHIA
  3. Buffalo
  4. San Francisco

Go Bombers!
David

2 Likes

Chiefs
Giants
Bills
49ers

Thank you kindly! :smiley:

2 Likes

Coming down to the wire. I did my best to analyse these games:

Jacksonville (and Over 52.5, I actually think KC will win a close game and that Jacksonville will cover the +7.5 but I have some ground to make up in the standings and hope that this will be an upset)

Philadelphia (and Under 48.5. NYG will have to resort to their passing offense eventually and they won't get anywhere with that)

Buffalo (and Under 49.5, Buffalo being better but only by a bit in just about everything, passing defenses are strong with both teams)

San Francisco (and the Under 48.5, Dallas likes to run but won't be too successful running on the road against San Fran)

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

:person_raising_hand:

1 Like

hah me too and for the same reasoning :grin::thinking:

1 Like

Jon, you and I agree on most NFL/CFL things. But this hubris is overflowing.

It would be a fitting way to take over this pool with a big Jacksonville upset over KC! Itā€™s not a certainty but there is a path. Jacksonville has a balanced offense and KCā€™s defense is really their Achilleā€™s heel. Mahommes should still be lights out. But if he is off a bit, KC wonā€™t be able to run and Jacksonville then has a chance to catch them. Probably not even a 50/50 chance that Jacksonville wins but hereā€™s hoping!

2 Likes

Just noticed we have the exact opposite picks! I guess together weā€™d get them all right! And all wrong. Lol

3 Likes

I didnā€™t pick them and made my comment because I consider KC to have about a 75% chance of winning. Or at least thatā€™s what Kreskin told me.

1 Like

Good notice. In this case Iā€™m out on the limb though, picking three underdogs. The only underdog you picked is Jax, the biggest underdog on the board.

I decided not to play it safe and may regret it. If I go 4-0 I win, simple as that. Unfortunately that is unlikely. I could go 0-4 and kick myself for not playing it safe, which I usually do. The reality is likely to be somewhere in between.

Usually there are a few upsets but not really so far. I can see a realistic path for 7 of the 8 teams to win. Hurts is hurt in his throwing shoulder. Might not matter but Jones is playing lights out. Purdy hasnā€™t looked like the seventh round pick he is so far but might. Dak played lights out last week but could start throwing to the other team again this week. My logic for Cincy is that at the end of the playoff game they just win. And Allen canā€™t stop turning it over.

Nothing will surprise me either way and thatā€™s the fun of it! Good luck.

2 Likes

I had Dak on my fantasy team this year so I followed him more than I would normally. And, I have to say, he doesnā€™t always play well. If he does, itā€™s only at home. And heā€™s good for at least 1 turnover. Maybe two against San Fran.

I donā€™t see this being close.

Good luck to you as well!

4 Likes

Well I have to admit that picking the top seed to lose today doesnā€™t make me feel all that comfortable.

Not guts, no glory!

4 Likes

In your favour, and the fans of the Chiefs do know it, they have a fabulous history of pooping the bed in playoff games at home especially when the average or heavy favourite. It mostly precedes Mahomes though, but if today were to be the day, it would not be unprecedented in the history of that franchise.

1 Like

Well, your chances just went way up now here late in the first quarter.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. I have the game on PVR, so if Jacksonville pulls of the upset and you donā€™t hear from me, thatā€™s why.

1 Like

Had a chance. James Agnew fumbled for Jacksonville within the 10 yard line. That sealed it for KC.

1 Like

Good call on Burrow!

2 Likes

Below are the standings after the second round of the playoffs. GGirl will post more detailed results as per usual. There were three perfect weeks belonging to Stickweld, Hometown Fan and King Crimson. Congrats. There will be no more perfect weeks awarded.

HometownFan 9-1 (1) +113
Tedtanium 9-1 (1) +101
Tony 9-1 (1) +81
KingCrimson 8-2 (1) +99
Jon 8-2 (1) +39
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”-
Bobo 8-2 (1) +19
Squishy 8-2 +47
Maaax 8-2 +19

Stickweld 7-3 (1) +31
Mahal 7-3 +53
AYC 7-3 +53 (tied with Mahal)
USCDave 7-3 +45
Paolo 7-3 +45 (tied with USCDave)
Grover 7-3 +43
PWolf 7-3 +33
Arnie 7-3 +5

GGirl 6-4 +37
MGoose 6-4 +31
Abbey 6-4 +31 (tied with MGoose)
IllGuy 6-4 +23
Paul 6-4 +11
FYB 6-4 -11

I will start another thread for this weekā€™s conference final picks.

If someone doesnā€™t derail Hometown Fan then he will be in the unprecedented position of holding both the regular season and playoff Kreskin awards.

4 Likes

here are the second round only results:

Name W L Score
Stickweld21 4 0 62
Hometown_Fan 4 0 62
KingCrimson769 4 0 62
Tedtanium1976 3 -1 48
Mightygoose 3 -1 28
Grover 3 -1 28
usc4dav 3 -1 28
Paolo_X 3 -1 28
prairiewolf77 3 -1 28