NFL Playoff Pool 2024- Super Bowl Pick and Final Results and Fabulous Kreskin Award

Go and get it done San Fran - Skookum

Cheers to all

Like spending $1 on a Power Ball ticket. The odds are astronomical but if I hit…

2 Likes

SF 34
KC10

3 Likes

Somebody can probably find it.

Maybe there was indeed one NFL playoff game or Super Bowl in which there were two safeties scored?

If not, oh well to your point, DON’T STOP! BELIEVIN’! HOLD ON TO …

2 Likes

There was one game in college football back in 1987 when Miami beat Florida by a score of 31-4. So far not one safety has been scored in a Super Bowl game.

1 Like

It’s actually been done nine times but never twice in one game.

4 Likes

Woh there, that’s not true, there was at least one, which also may have been THE WORST opening play ever of the Super Bowl or perhaps any playoff game.

Now for TWO safeties in any Super Bowl or playoff game anybody?

4 Likes

Which brings me to my next point. Safeties should be worth four points.

3 Likes

You sound like maybe you are fresh off another heated debate and well, not just for that, I’m beginning to agree with you on this fine point.

It’s far harder to score a safety than it is a field goal, after all.

3 Likes

Thanks for the correction on my comment Paolo_X and IllinoisGuy. As far as one team only scoring 4 points/2 safeties :point_right:

4 Likes

Which dovetails with my CFL point that a doink should be worth two points on a field goal attempt. It’s far harder to barely miss a field goal by way of doink than shank it wide, yet the shank gets one point. Makes no sense that the doink gets zero. If you’re going to be in the business of rewarding misses then it should be fair.

5 Likes

I feel Jon wins the NFL Playoff Pool 2024
Super Bowl LVIII

2 Likes

Thanks Abbey. I was going to announce it. It was either going to be me or King Crimson who would have won if SF prevailed. Obviously could have gone either way.

It’s late and it’s been a long day so I won’t be posting the final standings until at least tomorrow night. Maaax is working on the fabulous Kreskin award I know and that should be ready soon.

I’ll have to double check, but I don’t believe anyone managed to predict the correct score.

Thanks to all who participated.

5 Likes

Congrats Jon . I don’t have much to complain about being as I won a cool $175.00 on my proline ticket thanks to that Chiefs victory . :money_mouth_face:

9 Likes

Congrats to Jon
and thanks to all that worked on this
also thanks to all that participated

:+1:

7 Likes

I have tallied the final standings and they are set out below. I’ll await the trophy presentation by Maaax when he is able.

Super Bowl Final Score:

KC 25 SF 22 OT (+/-3)

As expected no one picked the final score exactly and it was a difficult one to pick. There was a tie for the two closest picks, having missed it by that much or 3 points total:

TedT KC 27 SF 23
Hometown KC 27 SF 21

Good call gents!

Eleven of us picked KC while 8 picked SF with one no show.

11-2

Jon (1) +121

Bobo (1) +109

10-3

Tony (1) +107

King Crimson (1) +71

9-4

Grover +96

USCDave +57

8-5

TedT +107

Hometown +51 (actually 8-4)

AYC +47

Paolo +45

7-6

Squishy +7

PWolf-8 (actually 7-5)

Abbey -11
MGoose -11

6-7

Mahal +5

Stickweld -13

Maaax -35

5-8

Between the Goalposts +11

IllinoisGuy-29

Crash -33

Thanks again to all who participated and make sure you come back next year and also feel free to play in all of the forum pools. Next up are The Masters and NHL Playoff pools. If you participated here you will be pinged when the time comes.

6 Likes

I was after it for consolation as well, for the high honour to be in the Global Top 5, but congratulations to you Grover for securing FIFTH PLACE!
:partying_face:

I’ll have to get you next year you cagey scoundrel too, you. Damnit.

4 Likes

Congratulations for this win as well @Jon , and thank you to the team @mahalcflers @GridironGirl again for all the hard work this season to support and to conduct this auspicious human drama of athletic competition, wherein you all fostered the thrill of victory, and the AGONY OF DEFEAT!

MUAH HA HA HA HA!
:ghost: :japanese_ogre: :skull_and_crossbones: :smile_cat: :scream:

As we await the new trophy and Mr. Beaver’s visit for the ceremony as well, it’s getting crowded @Jon with your trophies and your green jacket in the esteemed Circle of Champions.

As we saw in the US on CBS last night, CFL forum friend and fan Jim Nantz already invoked his privilege so as to announce the upcoming Masters in only two months, so the next one will be upon us after hopefully an early spring in 2024.
:partying_face:

3 Likes

Jon might be counting sheep right now. All that winning can wear a guy out. I’m sure that he’ll be up and at 'em tomorrow morning to finish this thing up.

Congrats Jon! :partying_face: :beers: :boom:

4 Likes

Yup, Congrats Jon - well done!!

1 Like