NFL Playoff Pool 2023- Wild Card Round and Results

As you know the regular season ended yesterday. GGirl/Mahal will be posting the final standings shortly if they haven't done so already. Thanks to the 20 odd lot of you that participated in the first annual regular season pool.

Now it's time for the second annual NFL playoff pool and the race for the coveted Amazing Kreskin Playoff Award.

The rules will be simple. Just pick the winner of all games every week. There will be 6 games this week in the wild card round. There will be 4 games next week in the divisional round and then two games being the conference championships, followed by the Super Bowl. There will be no selection of games as during the regular season and all games will count, a total of 13.

The rules will be similar to the regular season. The most wins prevail. The first tiebreaker will be perfect weeks. Perfect weeks will only be calculated for the first two weeks with slates of 6 and 4 games respectively. The second tiebreaker will be aggregate +/- score. Similar to Abbey's CFL pool, it may be necessary to provide Super Bowl score predictions as a final tiebreaker and if so you will be asked to provide a score for that game only. Bottom line is really no change from the regular season pool. Standings will be posted after each round and we will be using the infallible and soon to be trademarked GGirl Frequency Tabulator.

This week's slate of games is:

Sat Jan 14th

Seattle at San Francisco 3:30 pm
LA Chargers at Jacksonville 7:15 pm

Sun Jan 15th

Miami at Buffalo Noon
Giants at Vikings 3:30 pm
Baltimore at Cincinnati 7:15 pm

Monday Jan 16th

Dallas at Tampa Bay 7:15 pm

All times are Central.

Please note that this is a clean slate for all regular season pool participants. Also please note that everyone is welcome. You do not have to have participated in the regular season pool to enter this one. Try it out over a short period of time and if you like it feel free to join the regular season pool next year.

If you have any questions Mahal, GGirl or myself will be pleased to answer them.

Best of luck to everyone!

6 Likes

kreskin award

This amazing and one of a kind award could be yours for a year.

2022 defending champion: Jon

Pro tip: Pick Minnesota. They always do well in the playoffs. You're welcome.

3 Likes

ok someone needs to unseat the reigning champ.

1 Like

Take your best shot. I am permitted to use the power of the trophy to make my picks.

3 Likes

San Francisco
LA Chargers
Buffalo
Giants
Baltimore
Dallas - I’ll wait until next week to jinx Brady, if needed.

Thanks!

2 Likes

five week of elimination football with 14 teams, some with prettier helmets than others. let’s f*cking go!

I'll get these in early this time around....they'll be fewer as the weeks go by :slight_smile:

San Francisco
LA Chargers
Buffalo
Vikings
Cincinnati
Tampa Bay. Calling the home upset here.

2 Likes

aside from the pool, i must say it is very satisfying to know that Mr Rogers will be watching these playoffs from his tin foil yacht somewhere.

3 Likes

Heavy woo factor so mystical too!
:smiley_cat:

2 Likes

49ers
Chargers

Bills
Giants
Bengals

Bucs

2 Likes

San Francisco
LA Chargers
Bills
Vikings
Bengals
Dallas

1 Like

SF
LAC
BUF
NYG
CIN
DAL

Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

San Fran
Jacksonville
Buffalo
Cincinnati
NY Giants
Dallas

1 Like

Seahawks - Thinking that Purdy might not be playoff ready.
Jags - Thinking they are slightly better at end of season
Bills - Miami hurting too mcuh
Giants - Vikings may be weakest team heading into playoffs
Ravens - Can Bengals beat this team 2 weeks in a row
Cowboys - Should be a no brainer

Hoping I get only 1 right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

woah, the old guy is in the game now

San Fran
Jax (toughest pick of the week)
Buffalo
Giants
Bengals
Dallas

I must say that Bobo made some awesome picks.

1 Like

they will only be awesome if they are winners

A mortal lock.

1 Like

*adds more electric tea leaves and exotic mushrooms to the magic cauldron that will determine her picks

Well thank you Jon and may I remind everyone to remember just who is the reigning “Stan Lee Cup” winner in last years NHL play-offs . :beers: :muscle: :trophy: :ice_hockey: :grinning:

3 Likes