NFL is considered a NON Profit Organization !

[url=http://newday.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/30/the-nfl-is-really-considered-a-non-profit/]http://newday.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/30/ ... on-profit/[/url]

That's right, the league office falls under a tax code that exempts things like business leagues and trade associations.

But does that make sense? Two senators don't think so, and they've proposed a bill to change it.

Independent Main Senator Angus King and Republican Senator from Oklahoma, Tom Coburn, have crafted a bill to end the NFL's $9 billion-per-year tax-exempt status.

On "New Day" Thursday Sen. Coburn said: “This is a directed tax cut that to the league office, which means every other American pays a little bit more every year because we give the NFL league office a tax break and call them a non-profit. In fact, they’re not."

It doesn't help the NFL's cause that its commissioner makes $29 million a year.

and this is relevant in a CFL forum cause........... :roll:

Cause the CFL is not :lol:

actually, Commish Goodell made $44.2 million in 2013.

He took a pay cut :roll: disgusting ! makes me wanna puke ! not bad for a non profit org.

I think you would be pretty disgusted if you looked up some of the salaries for some people in some various not for profits and charities

Mods - please move this to the "Football (other leagues)" forum where it belongs. No need (or reason) to have it in CFL talk forum area.

How so? A pier league, the closest the CFL has, has a status that strongholds their financial position. It is an intriguing point...should the CFL try to do the same? The CFL has clubs that are already.

I agree; I've moved it to the "Other Leagues" forum.

Just an FYI, both the NHL and LPGA are also considered non-profit organization by the US Government. How they figure it out is how much of their annual revenue they give to charitable groups. Exactly how much, I'm not sure.

FIFA in considered to be a non profit organization. It's sitting on $2 Billion dollars in "surplus rainy day money" (a joke in itself) in the bank and executives making a combined $33.5 million in bonuses in 2012. To make things worse, salary info not publicly available, but they are a non profit.