NFL Experience Doesn't Translate.

exactly. Just speaking out against those using the arguement that HT winners and NFL stars failing up here means that our league is equal or even more talented than NFL. There are always exceptions, but man for man there is more athletical football talent in the NFL per team. Why is that so hard for CFL lovers to admit. Our game is still better, and to me, that is more important.

I agree it does work both ways.
However , this person only seems to think it only works 1 way. :thdn:

....the TO lunacy just gets better and better.....I heard today his MRI results came back negative on his 'injured' hamstring and so he's taking himself out of practice (again).....he said he doesn't care what the MRI said, he knows his body and knows when he is hurt....Parcells replied by saying 'no practice - no playtime', that there is no way he would play a player without knowing what he practiced like, no matter who that player is......lmao, they haven't even started the season and their team is in turmoil......wonder what Vanderjagt has to say about it all?.....

.....my predication, Owens, Parcell or Vanderjagt will literally kill one another before week 5.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can see it now, Vanderjagt kicks a field goal in practice and shanks it big-time over to the sidelines and it hits TO in the hamstring and he is out another 6 weeks, and then the ball richochets off of TO into Parcells' mouth requiring dental surgery.

:lol:

For football fans, some of you sure are ignorent about football.

Football is a team sport, more-so than any other sport. I'm certain most of you can appreciate this as being fact. That generally means, ONE player cannot carry an entire team or be solely responsible for a teams performance. That goes the other way as well, where one player's individual's accomplishments will be heavily affected by their teammates capabilities as well.

There are FAR too many variables involved to grade an individuals talent level based upon the results of moving him/her to an entirely different league, sport, and/or team. Nevermind; trying to compare two talent pools between two different leagues, based off the results of a handfull of cross-over players is just straight up stupid, and only underlines the fact that most of these above mentioned concepts are beyond the poster.

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

.....my sentiments exactly....well, everything except the demeaning stuff that is.....

Statik76 wrote:

That generally means, ONE player cannot carry an entire team or be solely responsible for a teams performance
Agreed, but I will say that one bad apple in a barrel can make the others go bad, and we've all seen this happen, and not just in a barrrel of apples BTW.

as far as I'm concered, the talanit of the CFL and the NFL are about on par, and then when you bring in the rules of both leages, the CFL by far suspases the NFL.

The CFL gets great Canadian talent, and great American players, but also gets players that are just poor players thanks to the 32 team NFL, which most current Americans in the CFL are trying to make.

the cfl is a minor league, its a ncie league to watch, but its not on par with nfl. But the cfl is unique in its own right and doesnt have to compete with the nfl due to different rules, concepts, players, schemes, etc. The NFL has the best of the best and everybody knows that "real" players play on sundays. The CFL is such a basic league, that you dont even need exeprience to win, just look at pinball cleamons, he won a a grey cup, with no experience.

pm88, check out the link, Mervyn was on the down side of his career when he hit the NFL and still managed some impressive numbers, the difference isnt as a great as you think my friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mervyn_Fernandez

Pinball took over coaching the Argos in 2000. That’s 4 years experience. Vince Lombardi started coaching as an OC with New York (I think) in 1954 and won the Superbowl with Green Bay in 1959. That’s 5 years experience.

How about this? Jon Gruden, at 39 years old, became the youngest coach to ever win a superbowl when the Bucs won. He had been coaching in the NFL only 4 years at that time, and although he had 14 years experience including his time at various colleges… he only actually played for 2 years. Pinball played for 13 years (not counting college) and then coached for 4. That’s 16 years in football for Gruden, 17 years for Pinball. You can actually learn alot as a player, if you’re astute and pay attention.

So just because the NFL likes to hold onto dinosaurs doesn’t mean a young, or inexperienced, coach can’t win there. So try again.

DID YOU EVEN READ THE ARTICLE? :lol: