NFL Cuts of CFL interest

I see 7 Canadians among the NFL cut down. But four have already been added to the PR. TE Anthony Auclair, G Ryan Hunter, K J. J. Molson & G Pier-Olivier Lestage. G Dakota Shepley, K Lirim Hajrullahu & DT Eli Ankou still FA's.

CFL experienced Imports who could be of interest would be S Nate Holley, LB James Vaughters, WR Duke Williams, DB Tre Roberson, K Brett Maher, WR Reggie Begelton.

3 Likes

Besides Dionte Spencer, are there any ex-CFL players in the NFL?

Alex Singleton, Erik Harris, Marken Michael

Chris Streveler, Greg Van Roten

…holey moley DB you gave my heart a start…I thought you were listing recent cuts and not answering mike’s question…

Sam Eguavoen

4 sacks in during the preseason. Ya he’s not coming back

1 Like

The Eagles claimed Marken Michel off waivers but he’s not listed on the Eagles roster. Alex Singleton is on the Eagles rosters as a starter. Erik Harris listed as a safety on the Falcons roster

From the Palm Beach Post:
“Eguavoen’s four sacks highlighted an eye-opening stat line, especially for a preseason game. He finished with 11 tackles, four tackles for loss and four quarterback hits. And he did it despite playing only 38 snaps.”

And one of the sacks was for a safety. Not bad stats for part of one game, even if it was just pre-season.

Marken Michel was cut by the Eagles in the final cuts.

I’d add him to your fine list in your original post too, but did he end up somewhere else now? I find no news.

I’d like for Marken Michel to come on back, but NFL practice rosters have been expanded to 16 players for this season such that there is plenty more room now.

I imagine Huff is keeping a close eye on all those ex-Calgary players. But I’d be surprised if most of them don’t end up staying down South somehow.

Michel signed off waivers Aug 10th then cut Aug 29th, not signed by anyone yet. Ottawa should be trying to get a hold of his agent.

Begelton get cut?

Yep! The Packers didn’t want to add him to their practice roster, so he looking to sign on with another NFL practice roster