NFL blackouts a possibility

An interesting read.

NFL teams could face TV blackouts, says Goodell

Seattle used to have them...(Maybe still do). When I lived in the Lower Mainland, the Kingdome(Showing my age) had to be sold out by Thursday of that week, or the game would be "Blacked Out". This affected us all the way up in the Vancouver area.

Now, living in the middle of no-where.......Whats a Black Out? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Apparently the Jags will be blacking out all 8 home games.

That’s just a little harsh, no? … and odd that they’d announce that before the season has even started. I know season ticket holders have dropped dramatically for them, but that’s no reason to screw over your fans. Yikes… :?

Well if their season ticket count is at a very CFLish 25,000 I doubt they will get a walk up crowd of 40,000 for any of their games in order to lift the blackout. That is a tall order for any team; even one in the NFL

25,000 ??? Wow, maybe they will move Jacksonville instead of Buffalo to Toronto.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I say that with a straight face? :wink:

Funny you should mention that Sporty cause that is excatly the tream that Toronto was hoping to buy before this thing with the Bills came about.

Maybe they'll be moving to LA at some point or someplace else, not good for the NFL. College football rules there and I'm sure is cheaper for tickets.

Jacksonville announced that every single home game will be blacked out this season

I'm sure Jags fans are wishing that Seattle game was blacked out. :lol:

Bengals short of sellout vs. Texans

Another potential blackout, this one for the Cincy Bengals. Little odd considering the team is doing so well. They have a pretty significant lead in the division.