NFL 22-23 Regular Season Pool Week 1

Good morning all.

@mahalcflers and I have decided to institute a pool for the upcoming NFL season, which starts Thursday September 8th. We already have an NFL playoff pool (The Amazing Kreskin Award), a Masters Pool and an NHL playoff pool (the Stan Lee Cup). We hope this will be an annual addition.

The longest standing and most participated in pool is run by Abbey and known as CFL GCC. In order to keep things as simple and familiar as possible and in deference to the excellent job done by Abbey, we have decided to invoke the sincerest form of flattery and basically copy how the CFL pool is run and scored.

We will keep track of weekly scores and perfect weeks and aggregate score. The eventual winner will have the best record at the end of the regular season. First tiebreaker will be most perfect weeks. Second tiebreaker will be aggregate score. If still tied then a tunnel coin flip will take place between Mahal and myself with one of us being awarded the trophy. The trophy is still in the process of being minted but will be posted when ready. I expect it to be fabulous. The winner will be entitled to possession for one year.

As the NFL has far more games than the CFL and again to keep things familiar, Mahal and I will pre select four to six games per week and only those games can be chosen. Just like the CFL pool, picks can be made right up to game time and can be changed if absolutely necessary prior to any of the games played. There will be no pre determined games that we expect to pick, although we anticipate that we will frequently select Thursday and Sunday night games as they are often among the best matchups. If there are any questions at any time please feel free to post them or contact either Mahal or myself.

The first slate of games in Week 1 ripe for the picking are:

Thurs Sep 8th:

Bills at Rams 7:20 pm

Sun Sep 11:

Raiders at Chargers 3:25 pm

Sun Sep 11:

Chiefs at Cardinals 3:25 pm

Sun Sep 11:

Buccaneers at Cowboys 7:20 pm

All times in this post are Central.

I will direct this initial post to various forum members that I am aware of that have participated in previous pools or shown some interest in the NFL or for other top secret reasons.

Edit:
Unfortunately the system only allows me 10 people I can send this to so if you are aware of anyone who may be interested please let them know.

Good luck to all and remember that bragging rights are important!

@Paolo_X @Grover @Krisiun @Maaax @Abendschan @AYC2112 @tony @Tedtanium1976 @Aerial

4 Likes

I am sending this to 10 more on my hitlist. See the full post above.

@Aceguy @bobo82 @PorkyPine @Hometown_Fan @kav2001c @Squishy21 @Hit.em.hard @DaveDaHammer @FootbalYouBet @Mightygoose

1 Like

And I am sending this to another 10 people to gauge their interest. See original post above.

@LetsGoBlue @WeGotTheCup @Jasmine @disciplineandpunish @Capital_Dave @RedandWhite @rider01.1 @IllinoisGuy @usc4dav @JoeyT

Well thank you for the invite, but I'll pass. As long as we have our wonderful Canadian Football League, the NFL holds no interest for me. I view it as our farm league. :wink:

3 Likes

I will go first and early. My picks are:

Bills
Chargers
Chiefs
Cowboys

Much appreciate the invite, Jon, but I don't follow the NFL closely at all these days and have no interest in changing that. :slight_smile:

Good luck, though!

2 Likes

Thanks for the gracious offer Jon :innocent:-I only follow the No Fun League :rofl:after the greatest show on turf :bangbang: ends on Grey Cup Sunday. :canada: :football:

1 Like

Sending this to another 10 people to invite them to post picks. See the initial post in this thread for details.

@papazoola @Cflukb69 @aulcee @SaskWatch @alsfan86 @T44 @grannybomberfan @Lucas_Bellemare @RoughRens @Danone

Sending this to 10 further people to invite them to join the NFL pool. See initial post above.

@RichardVeilleux @Schweinhund @60YearFan @RidersSuck @prairiewolf77 @rcon1 @narles @MtnCat @everyman @Arnie

1 Like

Thanks Jon, I'm not a fan of the NFL. I won't be participating. Good luck to all who do though, enjoy the season

4 Likes

Sending this to the final six people on my hit list to invite them to join the pool. Please see initial post above.

@Laverick @Stipley @Stickweld21 @Lyle_B_Style @Eskimos4Ever @Paul_ste_marie

1 Like

Thank you for the invite Jon. I'll try it out and hope my attention span lasts the season...I've already let many weeks slip away on the CFL version..lol

Will go with

Bills
Chargers
Chiefs
Bucs... unless Brady retires again in the next week;)

2 Likes

Here are my picks

Bills
Chargers
Chiefs
Buccaneers (I know I am going against my Cowboys)

1 Like

Thanks - I’m in.

Rams
Raiders
Chiefs
Buccaneers

1 Like

May as well give it a whirl! No penalty if your interest wanes. It is much easier to be interested after the CFL season but we can’t control when the NFL season starts. I picked the Cowboys because l am expecting Brady to retire this week.

1 Like

Thanks for the invite but I'm also not an NFL fan. Hope you guys have fun!

2 Likes

Hi Jon. Thanks for the invite but as a few others have mentioned I don't really follow the NFL.

However anything to do with the CFL and NHL and I'm in no problem.

3 Likes

Bills :bison:
Chargers :zap:
Chiefs
Bucs

Thanks guys! :+1:

1 Like

Great idea Jon and Mahal! Thanks!

Bills at Rams 7:20 pm

Raiders at Chargers 3:25 pm

Chiefs at Cardinals 3:25 pm

Buccaneers at Cowboys 7:20 pm

1 Like

Hi Jon,
Thanks for the invite. I am interested but not sure how it works with your league. What are the costs (if any) and what sites are used. Please advise.
Go Bombers!
David