First of all I would not change the coaching staff or G.M. If you disagree with that then anything you read must be taken in another context.
NEXT YEARS OFFENSE according to Rev.
Wide recievers - Brock Ralph, Jason Armstead
Slotbacks - Jesse Lumsden, Chris Bauman
Offensive line - needs improvement - not necessarily
whole sale changes, keep developing the first year guys and keep Hudson, Cavka?, Dykom...?
Fullback - Julien Radlein or Dickerson, I'm not sure
it may be a ratio decision
Running back - Terry Cauley 60/40 with Jesse Lumsden
Qb - Casey Printers - no question
Fill in the o-line for me and consider adding one stud o-lineman. A quick aside, even given that Lumsden and Cauley are terrific, I think the o-line is much better than people have thought. You do not pile up rushing yards simply with talent, the o-line should get some credit. Pass protection is another issue which is why I see a need for a stud pass protector. There are very big differences as everyone knows particularly when you have leanred to play in a run first mentality be it U.S. college or N.F.L.
Which is why we needed to be patient this year. Our o-line will be much better next year and moving forward.
On defense - I would say there are only a few starters I would absolutely keep - Cody at Safety, Moreno, Armour at Linebacker - I am not sure about Lofton, yesterday was ugly. Keith and Loshcher need some help. Every d.b. would have to earn a spot based on the next three weeks and in camp next year.
An intersting stat from yesterdays game was the teams leading or second in the divisions are leading or second in sacks. As you know we are last. Part of the catch 22 for our dbs is that they are learning at the expense of offences which have had lots of time for plays to develope and they have that time because our d-line has not been capable of getting serious and consistant pressure on the opposing qbs in my view.
Sign Nick Setta long term he's a terrific kicker.
I would also keep Nat Curry and Jason French around as well as having Richie Williams #2 qb.
I think that that offense would score 25 points a game but do not know if the defence could consistantly hold teams under 25. That being said i would say we could be 99 or perhaps 10-8 with not a great deal of other changes or additions.
A needs list would be: one stud pass protecting o-lineman, 2 solid veteran dbs and a go to receiver.
However,unlike many I think that Bauman can be that player but not at wide receiver but at slotback.
Line Jesse up 60 % of the time at the other slot and 40 % of the time in the backfield. You then get a lot more time with him in the mix and avoid the constant pounding. That frees up some attention for every other receiver. You get more out of Cauley and Lumsden and I believe Bauman as well, let alone Armstead and Ralph.
I have been very impressed with Cauley over the last few games. Terrific heart shown in Montreal and yesterday against Saskatchewan and a great catch.
Anyway, there's my diatribe, what do you think?