Next Week vs Edmonton

Comn Lions!!!...Just One More Win Against The Eskies...

But holy crap!...our injuries are mounting...

I actually think bad weather helps the Lions more than the Esks... with bad weather the passing game becomes less effective... and teams have to rely more on their rushing game than they do in good weather... and if thats the case... BC has a far better rushing game than the Esks... and with the Lions secondary banged up... bad weather could make for an easier game for them too... although in either case it's probably going to be the toughest game they've had to play so far

EDIT : well... after posting this i decided to check the weather forcast for Edm. and as it stands now it looks good.... sunny... high 15... low -1

The Edmonton weather during the day and evening if versed in metric:
Saturday, Sep 24
Partial sunshine. Winds from the WSW at 6 kph.
High: 13° C RealFeel: 13° C
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy. Winds from the SW at 4 kph.
Low: 1° C RealFeel: 1° C

If you are from Crescent City, California like Mightybuck here is the weather picture for Edmonton, Alberta- in English:

Saturday, Sep 24
Partial sunshine. Winds from the WSW at 4 mph.
High: 56° F RealFeel: 56° F
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy. Winds from the SW at 3 mph.
Low: 34° F RealFeel: 34° F

For those of you planning to attend a local Crescent City, California football game while following the exploits of Buck Pierce in Edmonton, Alberta on your laptop, the temperature report for your area is as follows:

Crescent City, California - Saturday, Sept 24
Partly sunny. Winds from the NNE at 21 mph.
High: 60° F RealFeel: 48° F
Saturday Night: Mainly clear and windy. Winds from the NE at 20 mph. Low: 45° F RealFeel: 36° F

Given the windy conditions we are projecting for the coast areas, all you football fans in Crescent City might want to dress up warm and take your toques and mittens to the Warriors game (if they are in town).

If you happen to be in Gasquet, Saturday, it much will much warmer during the day with less wind than what will be blowing over at Mightybuck’s. It will be much cooler in the evening and feel a little bit like Edmonton will on Saturday night only not as flat.

Saturday, Sep 24
Partly sunny. Winds from the NNE at 10 mph. High: 73° F RealFeel: 71° F
Saturday Night: Mainly clear. Winds from the ENE at 11 mph. Low: 35° F RealFeel: 33° F

Based on this highly detailed analyses of the weather in Buck’s home town and Edmonton, we are projecting a highly successful evening if/when Buck hits the field Sat, Sept 24.

Shrewd observations has turned up the following information for interested Lion and Buck Pierce fans. Buck’s is used to throwing passes in Crescent City in the wind and in the cold weather in his town of Gasquet where we are confident that he has tossed passes in winter and summer.

Translation: Buck Pierce will have no problem playing in cold weather or wind nor will the Crescent City gang have trouble viewing outdoor games in Canadian cities.

[quote="Chronicguy"]I actually think bad weather helps the Lions more than the Esks... with bad weather the passing game becomes less effective... and teams have to rely more on their rushing game than they do in good weather... and if thats the case... BC has a far better rushing game than the Esks

I fail to agree with this, the scondary of the lions ill struggle in bad weather and ray is more used to it, He can still chuck the ball in that weather, I thnink the esks will win or lose ina close game.

well... in every bad weather game i've seen... the teams rely more on their running game than they normally would... it is a hell of a lot harder to throw a wet ball than it is a dry one... and if theres rain and they can't keep the ball dry enough they will HAVE to go to their running game more than their usual 6 times.

Guess I should pack some warm clothes for the game on Sat. I’ll be there cheering on the Lions.

A little history lesson on Dave Dickenson: In the 1995 NCAA I-AA playoffs, with his team's playoff life on the line, DD averaged 406 yards/game passing in 3 sub-freezing game temp games in late November and early December in Montana's Washington-Grizzly stadium--and led his team to three lop-sided victories (one of which was the all-time most lop-sided victory in I-AA history at the time--and DD didn't even play in the fourth quarter).

The cold may affect how some of BC's receivers catch the ball--it will have little effect on DD's passing.

Ricky Ray has a couple of years playing in Edmonton, but grew up in California. DD grew up in Montana, and is used to playing in the cold.

...Rain, on the other hand, will probably affect both teams' passing games.

I have a feeling that ricky ray wil pull his Shizz together and pass for 300 yards at least.our running game is getting no were but machocha isnt lookin at how bad our running game is.I think it will be a good game.I thnk that they will tie or game will be won within a TD.

GO ESKIES

i'm sure Ray will go for 300 yards... the real question is.. how many INT's is he going to give us... Edm. has only won 1 of the 5 games where Ray has thrown 2 or more INT's... and only lost 1 of the 7 games where he threw less than 2 INT's... should be a good close game either way though.

Well, here'sthe weather for Edmonton today...

SATURDAY AFTERNOON

• Cloudy periods , Temp: 13°C WIND W 10 km/h

SATURDAY EVENING

• cloudy, 8°C, W 10 km/h

Looks like it'll be cold, but dry.

CHRONIC GUY, lookie here

when the weather gets bad in edmonton, the grass gets slippery and the running game goes for shit , your welcome for the lesson

RNR... lookie here....

when the weather gets bad ANYWHERE... the BALL gets slippery and passing games can easily go to **** ... and you're welcome for this lesson...

AWWW YEEEAH ESKIES WIN BIT CHES