Next on the Menu

That’s the only thing I associate Molson with… :lol:

well yes and no!
The logo on the field is for the beer the name of the stadium is not
Ill be back with a link

Right after these commercial messages

brought to you by Molson Export, taste the cool crisp taste of an export… :lol: :lol:

and we’re back

[url=http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.php?module=page&id=6003]http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.p ... ge&id=6003[/url]
The Montreal Alouettes have played their home games at Percival Molson Memorial Stadium since 1998. Now in its 92nd year of operation, it is named in memory of Captain Percival Molson, a McGill University athlete and member of the renowned Molson family. A soldier, he died in World War I and bequeathed $75,000 towards the construction of a stadium.

Well, that's kind of neat. :smiley:

…a member of the reknowned Molson familly…

See it does have ties to beer! :lol: :lol:

Ya
The renowned Molson yogurt family :lol:

Ya its the family but the stadium was not named for the beer

He was a university student? Betcha beer is more involved than ya'd think...

Not surprising, since they play at Molson Stadium.

Note to self: Update the thread before replying.

so long as they stay the heck away from the designer of the Olympic gear pretty much anything else would be an improvement. Cost is an issue for the fan wear. I can get it cheaper locally then from this site. They should be competitive with the pricing and drop Rebook from the T-shirt business ( they don't hold up after a few washes )

nythil, you are so right! The designer of the Olympic gear (See off topic thread) must have been colour blind…pardon me while I go and throw up!

That was me… about tshirts in cases of beer.

Too bad Molson isn’t. Ya notice how they changed their marketing gimmick from “I am Canadian!” (the best slogan any company could ever ever ever have), to Some American insulting Canada throughout the commercial.

Their beer is not tasty enough for me to remain loyal to them after that pathetic switch in marketing. Screw Molson Canadian.

Support the local beers!!!

How is Molson not Canadian?

Tops on my list would have to be endorsements, however I don't know how the league could foster this.

When was the last time you saw a CFL star endorse a product of any sort ?

The league sponsors need to get more CFL players into their adds.

Maybe the Wendy's commercials would be less annoying with a CFL star in them... Maybe.

Completely agree. The league starts to market aome of the top players in the league more. Make players household names and faces.
Just look at the NHL with Crosby and Ovechkin

Mandatory drug testing

Sometime when I read a thread like this, I feel like I live on another planet!

I can find Rider gear at Sears, Bay, Walmart, Sportcheck, Canadian Tire, etc. here in Regina. I can also turn on my TV and find Riders endorsing products.

Maybe the problem is not with the league, maybe it is the fact that retailers in your town do not see a demand?!