Next Game: Maas or Eakin?

Why wouldnt it ? He made 2 bad choices and they were both OCS . Other than that the players and coaches he chose were over all pretty good . If TAFFE wa sor is such a great coach then he would have a solid well paying job in US college football . Im not saying he cant coach well im saying he has had much better teams to work with than Marshall did .

Why wouldnt it ? He made 2 bad choices and they were both OCS . Other than that the players and coaches he chose were over all pretty good . If TAFFE wa sor is such a great coach then he would have a solid well paying job in US college football . Im not saying he cant coach well im saying he has had much better teams to work with than Marshall did .

Mass all the way............

re-Kollege Koach- IF we had coach Marshal, we would not have went thru 4 or whatwever the # is games without a td, That goes on Paopao,s shoulders. Not Marshal,s-

Seems to me that the only constant here is Lancaster. Sure things are looking up with that last win...but it was obvious to anybody who could read a scoresheet that something had to change..."somebody even said they had stopped throwing up"...now there is optomism :roll: ! :lol:

By the way...your "Kiddies Korner" attitude is showing through...it's beyond being "Kute"! :roll:

I learnded it from my Kollege professors :slight_smile:

You’re probably right, but then you might not be getting a real football coach, a real GM, and the signings of Holmes, Lumsden and Hill because they would think that the status QUO is ok. By firing Mr. Mac and Paopao we admitted that the status QHO isnt good enough, and you are starting to see what happens when the players feel they are playing for their jobs, rather that a head coach the refuses to cut anyone.

You would still have Yeast, maybe not Hill, you would still have Ranek being used all the time and not Holmes… Fowlkes would still be on the PR… anything i missed?

edit

And what did Marshall do to correct the problem. According to you the head coach does nothing at all, he just sits around the pool and lets his coordinators do all the work.

And now Marshall is with Western and his play calling looks awfull, but I guess it's not his fault, it's the q.b coach's fault. He will never be back in the CFL.

Actually PaoPao wasn't Marshall's choice. If youbelieve it was then you were not paying attention to the front office meddling that caused this mess.

[i]

[/i]

Even if that was true, which it isnt, it makes Marshall look even worse as it means the front office thought so little of his abilities to trust him to make his own hirings.

Actually I agree that it makes Marshall look bad. Not that it makes him look like a bad coach but it makes him look like he'd sell his soul to have the Cats job. Frankly the front office did many things that suggested that they felt they knew better than Marshall. That may actually make him look better since the front office was so incompetent

BTW unless you can get Marshall himself to make me believe PaoPao was his choice I remained convinced he wasn't

I'm still holding my thoughts on Maas. I think he was hurt, and last game showed that he's healed (although possibly not fully). I've always stated I wanted him starting next year, however I still think Eakin and Williams should be given a chance so we can see the kind of back-up talent we have (or don't have). If Maas starts the rest of the year, I won't be upset, but since the year is all but over, we should use this time to see who's going to stay and who's going to go.

The post by Miller91 makes good sense. If Jason Maas can stay healthy enough to play as well as he did against Edmonton on Friday night, he can make a positive contribution to the Ticats in 2007. However, the team needs to take stock of its other two quarterbacks now that it is all but eliminated from playoff contention. It would be good to see Kevin Eakin and Richie Williams each play for at least one quarter in each of the remaining three games.

Maybe the Ticats should adopt the progressive approach taken by the B.C. Lions. They give their three quarterbacks, Dave Dickenson, Buck Pierce and Jarious Jackson, a roughly equal number of reps during practices to make them "game ready". Last week, they also signed two new quarterbacks, Cody Hodges and Todd Mortensen, to their practice roster for further evaluation.

Eakin and Williams get plenty of reps in practice.
But let's be honest here Eakin is nowhere close to being as effective as Pierce.

Obviously not, which is why I personally would prefer Williams as our backup. We need to try to get backups like a Pierce, we need to train them, give them some game time if the season is all but lost. I like Maas, I like his intensity, but I don't want him risking further injury in a lost season. Give him reps, give him some game time, but let the backups play most of the time for the rest of the year. Evaluate the talent (or lack thereof at our backup Quarterback position)

Maas is hot and we have to ride it. He FINALLY gets his confidence after 1 good game and 1 great game and we say... "Good Job Maas, Now sit down so we can give there guys some reps" No. We play Maas and he needs to get as many reps with these guys as possible so theres no "gel" time next year. There's a reason they are backups... Eakin might not even be back and Williams is a work in progress... as long as the games are still within reach, the starters stay out there. This team owes it to us and the other teams fighting for playoff spots.

Im sure Ronnie wouldnt have it any other way.

Dickenson would be playing all the reps if he wasnt hurt . Thats how QBS build up those big TD and Yardage stats . Not from sitting on the bench injured . Thats the way Calvillo had 5 1,000 yd recievers and how Dickenson has had 35 - 40 tds in a seaosn and its not from playing the backup .

I agree with you on this one. If Maas continues to throw with authority and we are still in every game...We Go With Maas.

Otherwise, we put Williams and Eakin in!

I'm on the fence with this one. While I agree with Crash and woody (will wonders never cease), miller and TCTD have good points as well. I would like to see Maas get his reps and build a "comfort zone" with his recievers, yet I would like to see Eakin and Williams evaluated for next year. Tough job - that's why my last name is not Lancaster... lol