Ronheen Bingham DL Hamstring Full Full Full
Julian Howsare DL Achilles Limited Limited DNP
Cariel Brooks DB Back DNP DNP Full
Dane Evans QB Right Shoulder Full Full Full
Malik Carney DL Shoulder – Limited DNP
Tyler Ternowski WR Shoulder Limited Full Full
Alden Darby Jr. DB Hamstring Full Full Full

1 Like

Are we going to see CVZ in a game ever again?

Good question . If I had a good answer to it I would tell you ? One would have to think that with him approaching age 40 that this will be in all probability his last season .

:thinking:

1 Like

Was thinking the same about Anthony Johnson - at least for this year. Must have fractured that wrist. Pretty sure he’s been out close to 8 weeks now.

:roll_eyes:

Lots of info here from Milton

There will be other changes in the offence, which did not score a touchdown on Labour Day. Rather than Don Jackson, Wes Hills, who has played only one game this season, has been taking the A reps at running back. “We’re tinkering with some lineup things,” Steinauer said. “Don is a little nicked, he’s pushed through but he’d be healthy enough to go too.”

And Tyrone Riley, who started two games at left tackle, appears to be back at that spot for Saturday. Second-year Ticat Travis Vornkahl had started at left tackle for six games with Colin Kelly shifting to the right side after Chris Van Zeyl’s injury. Van Zeyl didn’t take part in active practice Wednesday and is unlikely to play against Winnipeg. Hamilton native Tyler Ternowski also returns after four games absence to help the receiving corps and special teams.

1 Like

Final injury report
|HAMILTON TIGER-CATS|PRACTICE DAY|
|Player Name|Position|Injury|MON|TUE|WED|THU|Game Status|
|Anthony Johnson|WR|Wrist|DNP|DNP|DNP|DNP|Out|
|Chris Van Zeyl|OL|Hip|Full|Limited|DNP|DNP|Out|
|Ronheen Bingham|DL|Hamstring|Full|Full|Full|Full|–|
|Bailey Feltmate|LB|Quad|DNP|Full|Full|Full|–|
|Julian Howsare|DL|Achilles|Limited|Limited|DNP|DNP|Doubtful|
|Cariel Brooks|DB|Back|DNP|DNP|Full|Full|–|
|Dane Evans|QB|Right Shoulder|Full|Full|Full|Full|–|
|Malik Carney|DL|Shoulder|–|Limited|DNP|Full|Questionable|
|Tyler Ternowski|WR|Shoulder|Limited|Full|Full|Full|Out|
|Alden Darby Jr.|DB|Hamstring|Full|Full|Full|Full|–|
|Matthew Shiltz|QB|Right wrist|DNP|DNP|DNP|Full|Questionable|

1 Like

The Schiltz status is interesting . Thanks Grover . You and Ottawacat are the info . guys ..

1 Like

Adding to Shiltz’s status being interesting is Jalen Morton being moved from the Active Roster to the Practice Roster, today. That would suggest that, if the Cats dress 3 QBs, Shiltz will be one of them.
Source: Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca

Also interesting is Steve Milton saying " Hamilton native Tyler Ternowski also returns after four games absence to help the receiving corps and special teams," when the Injury Report, issued today, shows Ternowki as “Out.” I wouldn’t expect him to be activated for this game, because he’s only been on the 6-Game list for 5 games.

Did Steve make two mistakes in that report? That’s something rare.

3 Likes

I’ve heard from someone close to him that CVZ would love to finish his career winning the Cup at home next year.

But what someone wants and what their body allows are sometimes two different things.

ONE backup DB (and its Kats - not exactly a shut-down HB) and Okafor is dressing.
I see Darby (the invisible Free Agent signing) is listed as backup SAM.
ONE backup Receiver (I know ST-E can play SB in a pinch, but...).
However, there are TEN backup LB and DL players. I guess they are more important than the "skills" players...

Knock Zac on his back…..

1 Like

Here is the other (better) depth chart

2 Likes

And here’s ours (in .pdf format)

Nice summary by Ferguson of the diverging paths of HAM and WPG after appearing to be so closely matched in the Grey Cup game.

Same Teams, New Looks: Bombers, Ticats meet again - CFL.ca

2 Likes

Interesting read. Thanks for that.

“Hamilton ranks eighth in points allowed (27.5) with only Edmonton worse, while Winnipeg is allowing a CFL best 19.2 points per game. It’s a bit of a jigsaw puzzle to deconstruct when you recognize that Winnipeg and Hamilton are tied for second in the CFL allowing just 331.0 yards of net offence per game while Hamilton is best in the CFL at preventing second down conversions and is allowing the third lowest yards per first down play. All of which are usually part of a formula for inevitable defensive success.”

There’s nothing much wrong with Hamilton’s defence. IMHO it’s their offence. Too many times they’ve either turned the ball over or left their D on the field too long to die.

1 Like

Well looking at that depth chart I would say that outside of the Bombers having a better secondary , better linebackers , better D-Line , better O-Line , better receivers , better running backs , better QB and a better k/p returner that the teams are really evenly matched . :grimacing: :crazy_face:

2 Likes